Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Poor dog - I sincerely hope so
Only presumably what has been shown on DB
but at least they were feeding food rewards (not sure who showed them that but it seemed to work so much better, didn't it...as it usually does...)

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I never saw that no... how long ago was it on?

PS - i think I should remove your posts mentioning this particular case 'details' too, as if it was a case of confidentiality then 'someone' has broken it by speaking to you about it

(If you want me to remove them, just give me the post numbers)
Thanks Azz, I've PMd you.

I heard about this case before it got to DB, over a year ago. I'd actually quite forgotten about it, until Bis went onto the show...it was originally simply a case of trainers and behaviourists discussing cases on a private list as is normal So not really a breach of confidentiality in that sense, but it's not fair to those involved to speak about it any more
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2006, 02:57 AM
I've been reading about the posts about the kelpie.

I watched it recently and was very uncomfortable about the whole thing. However, seeing the amount of discussion here, perhaps there is some good out of it for viewers (unfortunately not the dog).

I didn't know anything about kelpies and whether they were aggressive or not generally - so looked them up on the internet. Great dogs, but not to be doted on and treated as a child. Herding cattle and endless running far more suitable. Silly I know, but I thought it was like a little prisoner, trapped in a situation so alien to its needs and breeding it must be like mental torture.

It made me cross that the owners were feeling hurt by what the dog was 'doing' to them and it was ungrateful. A dog might think how to steal food or eat the sofa maybe, but not how to deliberately make someone cry.

The stress placed on the dog - receiving extreme emotional distress from the human, for getting things wrong/not wanting to be fawned over must be pretty terrifying. Wouldn't surprise me if they were too hands on and it finally had enough. Then the 'hands on' training was probably a set back. If this is being simplistic I'm sorry.

I know they tried hard, but the kindest thing for the dog would be taking it away to someone willing to let it be a dog. Then see how it is, the aggression may go if it's not too late already.

Such a shame that people and dogs are not matched better - am sure there is an owner out there perfect for the kelpie and a dog perfect for the couple.

All very sad really.
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Does any one know if Dog Borstal is still on telly and if so what channel? i keep looking and can not find it.
Must be me.
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
Does any one know if Dog Borstal is still on telly and if so what channel? i keep looking and can not find it.
Must be me.
i've seen it a few times but have found it hard to find - usually get the one with the little person doing sign language, hard to concentrate.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
I spoke to Rob this morning, and yes, this series is still running, with either two or three more to show. He thinks they have just interrupted for the "Christmas Break" and so, I presume, we'll see it return to normal scheduling next week. That's the theory anyway...
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 02:19 AM
i cant wait til thursday 9pm i have really missed watching it
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by lizdll View Post
i cant wait til thursday 9pm i have really missed watching it
can any one tell me what channel it is on please, i keep looking in the listings and can not see it
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
can any one tell me what channel it is on please, i keep looking in the listings and can not see it
yep its on BBC3
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by lizdll View Post
yep its on BBC3
Thanks alot for that I just have to remember now
Page 35 of 45 « First < 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 > Last »