Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Great news
He survived the op and is now home recovering ,poor boy half his face is shaved and his eye lid is sewn up ,but once its all healed he will be fine ,at least he still has a good eye left and will adapt fine to only having one eye
He just has to go back in a couple of weeks to have his stitches out
lovestaffsblu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2005, 01:26 AM
I`m glad hes ok
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 05:39 AM
That's great news - I'm really pleased
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2005, 10:04 AM
excellant news I'm glad hes alright
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by PurpleJackdaw
Great news
He survived the op and is now home recovering ,poor boy half his face is shaved and his eye lid is sewn up ,but once its all healed he will be fine ,at least he still has a good eye left and will adapt fine to only having one eye
He just has to go back in a couple of weeks to have his stitches out

Oooh that's great news, I'm sure he will adapt really quickly We had a cat when I was young that popped its eye and had to have it out when she was 4 and she lived until she was 18 and had no problems whatsover with it
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 11:26 AM
That's lovely news. Yes, I think he will really adapt well too. Guinea pigs seem to be stronger than we think. My Cindy had to have a huge growth removed and she was fine after the op - lived a lovely long life. They are such sweet things. We used to call her Hannibal because every time the fridge door opened she thought she was getting a carrot and always did that noise that Hannibal Lecter did to Jodie Foster from behind his screen "ffa. ffa. ffa."
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Pleased to hear your guinea pig did well.....amazing how attached we get to these little fellas isn't it?! I've got rabbits but would worry just the same.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm still worried about him as he didnt touch his supper last ,so he is in my bedroom now so I can keep an eye on him and make sure he is warm enough
he is being very quiet ,but I guess its still the after affects of the op ,he has eaten a little today ,he must still be sore too and it must feel strange having an eye missing
I had a cat before who had to have an eye removed after she damaged it in a fight with another cat and she was fine after it ,and I had a rat that got her eye caught on somthing and half pulled her eye out, she needed her eye removed too she was never quite the same after though and would never keep any weight on her but she still lived for over a year after her op
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 04:00 AM
I am glad he came through the op well!
I am sure he will be fine!
Janay15
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi there PurpleJackdaw. Don't worry I'm sure your Guinea Pig is going to be fine now - it's obvious you care about him alot and it's great that he's getting so much care and attention. I think you are right to keep him indoors for the first few nights after his op - he would probably be a bit more prone to the cold while he's recovering - just make sure he's kept in a secure indoor pen and can't reach anything dangerous (wires .ect). If he's still not eating well maybe you could try putting a tasty treat in with him to boost he's appetite. Remember to make sure he has a water bottle available at all times.

Give him some fuss from me, Janay
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2