Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
It doesn't matter how much it is 'stressed' the dog's heads are held way too high to be natural. There are lots of lead tugs (with most of the dogs) with the thin collar/lead on the most sensitive part of the throat. Just to illustrate the point (and I've no doubt whatsoever it will be seen again this year) watch the little ones being shown. I'll guarantee that you will see some with their front paws barely touching the ground at all.

There's no reason whatsoever for a dog's head to be held so high that it is in an unnatural position by means of a lead.

Personally, I think it would be nice to see the dogs without leads so that their true and natural gait can be seen, but it will never be so I barely watch the showing as it makes me uncomfortable to watch it. No offence meant to those who show, just my own personal opinion from what I see
Ok you're welcome to have an opinion, I understand where you're coming from, but you shouldn't knock it until you try it. Here is a photo of Henry on the move, strung up, look at his tail slashing as he goes...he's not stressed by me having him on a thin lead that is held in such a manner. Any dog that feels it is being strangled would twist and turn to try to escape, it wouldn't trot around the ring with it's tail wagging.

It's just different opinions, that's all, but opinions are normally based on experience
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
I agree, I LOVED how happy that flatcoat was you could see he was having a great time.

I liked the english setter thought it had a lovely soppy face I prefered it to the GSP ah how can I say that lol

Is it just me or was the viz a tiny bit lame?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post

I liked the english setter thought it had a lovely soppy face I prefered it to the GSP ah how can I say that lol
Sacrilege!!
She was rather delish... gorgeous face!!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Sacrilege!!
She was rather delish... gorgeous face!!
Have to agree (could not find a head banging on brick wall smilie but that will do )
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Have to agree (could not find a head banging on brick wall smilie but that will do )

(I must admit I do prefer non solid colourings in GSPs, again personal choice )
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:37 AM

Is it just me or was the viz a tiny bit lame?
No, I thought it was too.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
i knew the flatcoat would take it as soon as he entered the ring, i said it to my mum his tail just didnt stop wagging im so pleased he won

i would have liked to have seen the irish being placed though
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post

(I must admit I do prefer non solid colourings in GSPs, again personal choice )
I like all the colours of the GSP it depends what shape they are for me I like the setter colours, love how the flecks of colour smudge down the coats / feathers.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I like all the colours of the GSP it depends what shape they are for me I like the setter colours, love how the flecks of colour smudge down the coats / feathers.
I actually prefer the black and white Pointers... I have an orange and white!!
No sleight on solids at all, I just like a mix of colours...
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 12:38 PM
i knew the flat coat would win as soon as it came in the ring. an absolute stunner of a dog and hes done very well with it this year makes me want one even more

id picked the goldie and the pointer to be shortlisted... but not the bracco or the spinone (me and DD were texting each other she got those two right )

i really liked the american cocker as well. but im quite chuffed with myself i picked the winner (shows how much attention ive been paying now im in the show world )
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >