Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Did this owner ever get an MRI carried out to prove that the dog did indeed have SM??
That owner only came on to the forum once more so I can't say. Many times, as a full diagnostic MRI is much more expensive than the minis that the breeders are allowed to use for their breeding stock, pet owners on a limited budget with affected dogs will trial the use of a drug to see if it works and forego the MRI.

Another of his sons, a Champion that passed on following surgery for SM and then PSOM, is listed on the CKCSC health registry with details of his condition.

http://www.ckcsc.org/ckcsc/healthreg...b?OpenDocument

Shiba . . . you're welcome.

Ruby
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
But everyone knows they have been clipped - I do not like the clipping done on some dogs - Setters being one.
CC's are meant to be hairless and therefore clipping is done to cover a fault.
As DD stated it does not cover a fault as such. Years ago there was still True, Hairy and Puff Cresteds-no difference in the breed whatsoever re hair patterns.
True Hairless still have to have their face's shaved/ clipped. The difference with clipping/ shaving a Crested is the fact that body hair if any is sparse but can cover small or large area's of their body. Poodles, Lowchens etc... hair is thick not sparse.
I do not know how they will be able to tell if a Crestie owner has used any hair removal creams etc... as for years now they have never been able to find hairspray on poodles!!! chalk/ whitening products on maltese/ bichons.
Most white dog people I know actually are using chemicals frequently when whitening their dogs!!!!!!!
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by rubylover View Post
That owner only came on to the forum once more so I can't say.

Another of his sons, a Champion that passed on following surgery for SM and then PSOM, is listed on the CKCSC health registry with details of his condition.

http://www.ckcsc.org/ckcsc/healthreg...b?OpenDocument

Ruby
Funny how she never came back after such a long and heart felt original post from her!!! Could be made up one what ya think lol
At the time of that programme there was quite a lot of unfactual statements/posts appearing on forums worldwide
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Funny how she never came back after such a long and heart felt original post from her!!! Could be made up one what ya think lol
At the time of that programme there was quite a lot of unfactual statements/posts appearing on forums worldwide
I thought it might be as well, but a quick google search of her handle on the forum and Harry brings you up a photo of him, and a little more and you can find out who she is. I'll leave it to others to invade her privacy a bit more if they so want to figure if she is a fraud or not. I'm convinced, by her blog, that she is not.

The post I linked to was not from the time of the program but from the fall of 2010 . . . long after PDE which was Aug 2008.

http://www.myfinepix.com/gallery/40325/44427

Ruby
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by rubylover View Post
I'm convinced, by her blog, that she is not.

Ruby

Convinced that she has a cav named Harry or A person who has a dog named Harry who suffers from SM.
IMO A MRI would have been better gettin done before posting on blogs and forums.
Pain and other sensations in the head and neck areas, resulting from PSOM, are similar to some symptoms caused by syringomyelia (SM), some examining veterinarians have mis-diagnosed SM in Cavaliers which actually have PSOM and not SM.
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Convinced that there is a real person named Gail, with a real dog named Harry which "acts exactly like those dogs on the programme" and has to "stop every few hundred yards while he yelps and scratches" and who would have no reason to lie that the sire of her dog was Beauella Radzinski.

As I said in the first post about him, a Cavalier dog that is havng troubles.

I remember them filming a stud cav who had something seriously wrong and was being used all over the place. I thought this was a registered cav who had done a lot of winning and everyone was sweeping his "problems" under the carpet. Is this total rubbish then.
. . . convinced that this was not total rubbish, as I said in my first reply as well.

Ruby
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Can anyone guide me to anywhere where she says that the cav was not KC for 5 generations etc etc.

IMO if a 'hairless' dog is shaved it isn't hairless is it? There is a strong possibility that the hair grows as a protection in this climate,

The more I have read on this thread about all the things that go on in showing the less respect I have for it as a 'hobby'.

If someone wrote an article (and they have done) about it being wrong to do certain tricks in HTM and it made sense and was true (which it was) I wouldn't try and defend it by saying that it was done elsewhere and I would do my best to make my opinion known and try and get the rules changed (which I do!).

It doesn't get you marked well all the time but at least you can look yourself in the eye.

rune
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Thank you what a lot of effort put in i did not know a lot of the things you have mentioned. Thank you. I thought the cav was kc registered.

I'm tired but trying to rack my brain re the programme. I remember them filming a stud cav who had something seriously wrong and was being used all over the place. I thought this was a registered cav who had done a lot of winning and everyone was sweeping his "problems" under the carpet. Is this total rubbish then.

The Champion Cavalier is/was MRI scanned & found to have SM & the owner/breeder did not withdraw him from stud & obviously that is totally wrong, the person who revealed that he had SM(but had no symptoms)was at the time the Cavalier Club Health Rep & the information was given to her in confidence. She was also on the program. Now whether or not she should have revealed the information is a moot point, I don't think any health tests results should be private(Hip/Elbow/Eye test results done via the BVA certainly aren't & are publicly published & available on the internet)

The bitch affected by SM was not from Kennel Registered parents & this was carefully omitted by JH. It was "inferred"that the Champion dog & the bitch were related in some way(which is basically correct as all Cavaliers are related in some way going back to the original dogs in the 1920s-but there is no close relationship)

I've just lost a dog who had SM & at least his father's breeder/owner was honest & open about it-unlike my dog's breeder who sold my dog's brother after using him at stud & after his father died & who used my dog's brother after my dog was diagnosed with SM. The sad thing about it is that my dog's mother was also sold for breeding by the same person & that this person is a member of this forum ! Fortunately Loukar's mother did not as far as I know have any more live puppies. Loukar's brother as far as I know has never been MRI scanned.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Can anyone guide me to anywhere where she says that the cav was not KC for 5 generations etc etc..........................rune
The owner of the BITCH in the PDE program was interviewed by her local TV station & she herself stated that she was from non KC registered parents & from a breeder who has father, mother etc & who has never registered any of her dogs with the KC. I think the bitch was from pet dogs registered with the register we are not allowed to name on here for legal reasons(I personally have had threatening e mails sent to me for daring to mention the register on the internet), the owner showed the pedigree in the interview on her local TV station.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I wouldn't try and defend it by saying that it was done elsewhere and I would do my best to make my opinion known and try and get the rules changed (which I do!).

rune
no one is defending anything - 'preperation' is done on all dogs before it enters the ring, let that be a shaved face on a CC, a shaved face on a poodle, a shaved bum on a lowchen, a trim on bichon...ect ect ect!
What rule would be trying to change? stop clipping 'tuffs' of hair off the CCs so we show them with stuble? hair growing into their eyes, or growin backwards under the skin?

The only rule regarding such - 'no substance which alters the natural colour, texture or body of a dog’s coat is allowed to be present in its coat at any time during a show. The same applies to any substance which might alter the natural colour of any other external part of the dog'.

Isnt this to some extent done in 'most' breeds? I think so.
Let that be hand stripping, lotions and potions to make the dog blacker, whiter, hair spray, shaving/clipping parts of the body, triming funishings - the list is endless.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >