View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 09:47 AM
My highlights were meeting up with people that I hadn't seen for a couple of years and catching up on all the gossip

I was thrilled when one of Leons sons was placed VHC in a large class, his handler is a novice and she told me he had won his stud book number too so I was really chuffed.

I also got to meet Thalice's mum from Dogsey - we have a common interest as we both adore the English Setters but I couldn't find anyone else that I was hoping to meet

I had a lovely day...I'm suffering now as I have lost my voice almost completely....maybe too much chatting
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Running off after being Joint First place with two others for Crufts Obedience World cup , & despite getting Reserve, Having a very good Day & our Team (WALES) coming 2nd too!
I think we might have spoken albeit briefly, you were rushing off somewhere...I think it was you and I just stopped you to say hi to your BC.

xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
And come third
awe you dont really get a third in BIS, its just BIS and Res BIS
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I*But above all, realising that in spite of all of the wonderful dog breeds I met, I own the one and only breed for me ( a 'real' springer ;o) and I just couldn't wait to get home to him!

Now Pidge, I hope you are not implyign the show Springer is not a real springer

Took my hubby on Sunday, and he fell in love with them, he has always liked Springer's, but like most folk only see the working/pet bred ones around..but he was amazed at the difference and it became love at first sight.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe you don't really get a third in BIS, its just BIS and Res BIS

Yep, thats it, BIS OR RES!!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Was there on saturday and had a fantastic time. But my highlight wa PAT dog of the year final. As we are hoping to be accepted by PAT soon, I was interested to hear the moving stories of all the nominees and the little westie that won was a deseved winner.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I think we might have spoken albeit briefly, you were rushing off somewhere...I think it was you and I just stopped you to say hi to your BC.

xx

Oh really? u shud have said it was U from Dogsey!!!!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Nice to see the Rottie go so far (but glad he didn't win for all the right reasons )

TBH, the TV coverage left little to boast regarding highlights as it was so poor. I have to say the two best bits for me (aside from seeing some of the judging - were two of the interviews that I saw.

The first was with the two Staffies where they explained to the viewer what a misunderstood breed they were and how lovely a pet they make.

Also Frank Kane almost word for word saying what I've said for years about Rotties, saying they are a steady, calm-tempered breed AND he mentioned there were about 400 there at Crufts and no bad behaviour from any of them

I thought "at last" after hearing both these interviews. Makes such a refreshing change to have a something positive said about these breeds. Especially on a high-profile programme such as this. After this I could almost forgive them for the rest of the crappy coverage they did!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post

xx
Was I there then..........or was that when I was toilet queuing
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2010, 02:53 PM
My highlight was pretty much everything, it is so nice to be surrounded by like-minded people. I adored watching the dogs and all the shopping. Getting a kiss from the DD Borzoi was a big highlight as I love these dogs!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Was I there then..........or was that when I was toilet queuing

You stepped outside with poor Pat while he was being.... How is he now hope he's ok x

xxxxxxx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >