Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 09:57 AM

slave to kids

ok now how many mums on here reckon they are just slaves to the kids ??? ..I noticed Brad had left his lunch in the fridge this morning ..so off i ran up the school with lunchbox in hand ..got home put on kettle and the school rings.......... Brad needs his football boots for after school game .....grrrrrrrrrrr off i run again .......... I am just a slave to these boys who also requested a roast for tea , so Asda here i come
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:02 AM
I am Inca.

The amount of times I've rushed off to the school because one of them has forgotten something. PT kits, lunches, even dropping everything to go and pick one of them up because they don't want to get the bus home

If they don't like what they've got for dinner, I'll do them something else, or they tell me what they'd like, and like a dimwit, I'll do it.

Think I'll just change my name to 'Jeeves'
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I think your both soft! hehe

If I forgot anything, my mum didn't bring it for me, and she'd never drop everything to give me a lift home!

She always asked me what to cook for tea though, so I could choose anyway - she never had any ideas! lol
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2004, 10:30 AM
I can relate to all your comments

My kids are 18 and 20 and still I have to get up early every morning to make sure my son gets to work on time. Most mornings he's late so I have to give him a lift

I find myself doing things for them and stopping and thinking, why am I doing this??........................Habit I suppose
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:31 AM
This time of year I don't mind Heather. My 12 y/o has a bit of a distance to walk to get to the bus stop.

I only do it if I know she's on her own, or with a mate, if there's a few of them, then she gets the bus home.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:33 AM
yeah, this time of year it's ok - kids will freeze outside if you don't!!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2004, 10:37 AM
I agree with you hevvur, we are too soft on our kids now a days. I was kicked out of the house and always walked to school what ever the weather. My parents had a car but I wouldn't have dreampt of asking for a lift.

Thats cause I know the answer would have been NO!!
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:40 AM
same here Anne, mine never bothered wth parents evenings either just sent to school and got on with it.

As for tea, we had to eat what was on our plate whether we liked it or not !!

when my mother worked, i had to cook the tea anyway so then we could have something i liked, this was on top of all the housework, walking the dog, the ironing etc etc etc
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:41 AM
My dad used to drive past mine and my sisters school, and he wouldn't give us a lift - ever!!

My mum is soft with me now, but thats only because i've been ill, and she worries about me!
But i've lived on my own since I was 19, so I think you become very independant when you have to do things for yourself!

EDIT: My parents only went to 2 parents evenings - first and last year at high school! They said if there was any problems in between, the teachers would have contacted them!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
yeah, this time of year it's ok - kids will freeze outside if you don't!!
It's not them freezing I worry about, they've got warm coats

There's been a few reports of someone trying to pick up kids in a car in my area. He stops and just grabs them

There's also a couple of 'flashers' in my area too, so for my daughter's safety, and my own piece of mind, I'd rather go and collect her.

I used to have to walk to and from school, regardless of the weather, but, if I was more then 10 mins late, my Dad used to be out looking for me.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >