Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 06:31 PM

Dribbling can you help

Just recently i've noticed that gemma is dribbleing,i know dogs do and gemma always has but usually while waiting for her dinner but just lately she seems to be dribbleing when we go for a walk,she wears an ordinary webbing collar ,nothing tight ,and she rarely pulls ,she seems quite healthy in every other way ,but as some of you may know gemma has the occasional fit ,usually at most 3 a year ,and one way i reconise that she might have one is that she licks her lips a lot and sometimes dribbles a bit ,this year she has already had 2 fits which were very early (usually its in may )both these happened late march and early april ,i think its something todo with the hayfever "season "any suggestions please any advice would be welcome thanks.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Sorry I don't really know what to suggest Olly. As it is out of the ordinary I would suggest booking her in to see the vet? Always better to be safe than sorry with these things especially as she does seem to have a condition anyway.

Hope you get her sorted and back to normal soon
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Personally I'd phone my vet, tell him just what you've told us & ask him if he thinks it would be advisable to bring her in for a check up. That way you'll have expert advice from someone who knows your dog & her condition.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 07:16 PM
As the others said a check might be as well especially given her history.
Have you checked her mouth too for a sore tooth or gum or something lodged across the roof of her mouth or between her teeth as this would cause dribbling.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 08:59 PM
My thought would be that she may have something lodged between her teeth? However dribbling may be a sign of an imminent fit, but I'd really think it safer to talk to your vet as he knows her history and what kind of fit's she has.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 09:07 PM
I was originally thinking of a tooth or mouth problem until I read about the pre fit symptoms.

I think it would be best to check with the vet. It may be nothing, but is always best to be safe!