View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 09:51 AM
If you don't want to go to another practice, i'd go with the female vet. I'd prefer my dog to be a little stressed for having a muzzle on (once she gets to know your dog she probably won't use it, especially if she's only just qualified) than my pets being completely petrified of the vet.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Was it one of the fabric type muzzles that holds the mouth shut? Ruperts used to being muzzled but panics if you put one of those ones on him, he rears up, paws frantically at his face and thrashes around. I think because it's so tight and restricting. He's never bothered about the Baskerville one I use. I introduced it really quickly with a clicker and some cheese spread and from the first moment it went on he's accepted it.

Trying to let the vet get to know Jimmi is a good idea if she's willing though.
Yes it was one of those really tight fabric ones and Jimmi did exactly what you described. An examination was out of the question!

Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
If you don't want to go to another practice, i'd go with the female vet. I'd prefer my dog to be a little stressed for having a muzzle on (once she gets to know your dog she probably won't use it, especially if she's only just qualified) than my pets being completely petrified of the vet.
I am going to go with the female vet.........thank you so much for your help and comments.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2