Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Our Agility Show Today

Well today was our club show, and after the fright that it may have to be cancelled because of the foot and mouth it turned out brilliantly, the ground was amazing, in the middle of know where, and all you could see was trees and more fields, absolutly wonderful. We were there all yesterday afternoon setting up the rings and putting the tents and equipment up, then again at 7am this morning, but it was thick fog, my first task for the day was to direct traffic to the parking area, those who were just competing and those who were helping or trade stands or Judges, the only trouble was because of the fog basically all I could say was head that way, to questions wheres the rings or where the dog exercise area, it was just the same answer, over there in the fog but it did clear by mid morning.

Jack was great again, in the jumping he got 10 faults, yea, he didn't get eliminated again, the agility we knew he'd get eliminated because we were going to stop him doing the seesaw, because we're just begining to make progress at training and didn't want to frighten him again, it was just experiance for him, but his run came about 5 mins after him jumping and he was still wound up and just went crazy in the ring, he missed most of his contacts, ran past jumps and was eliminated way before the seesaw, but still we are very pleased with him, and know what we have to work on.

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, there was just too much to do, but there was a photographer there and we got a couple of lovely pics of Jack which I'll scan on to the pc tomorrow if I can work out how to do it.

What did amaze me was the differnt way some people were with their dogs, most of them were over the moon with their dogs at the finish, no matter how well or badly the round had gone, yet one springs to mind, a lady with gorgeous dog which gave 110% all the way round, did a stunning fast clear round, and at the end she didn't look at the dog, didn't speak to it or anything, just puts it lead on and walked away, yet the dog was looking at her lovingly longing for a quick good boy or something.

I am absolutly bushed, I don't think there's a part of me that doesn't ache, and I'm so glad is over, I now know why we only hold one show a year
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2007, 07:31 PM
sounds like you a great time any piccys
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I didn't have time to take any pics myself, but we did buy a couple of pics of Jack from the photographer that was there, I'll scan them on tomorrow and put them on here, but I'm just too tired tonight
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Well done you obviously worked hard to make it a success, and it sounds like Jack thoroughly enjoyed himself! How did Skittle do?
I can't believe that one owner did not appreciate her dog's efforts, poor thing must wonder what it did wrong!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Hi Gill
I'm not 100% sure on how Skittle did, I'm pretty sure he didn't get any clear rounds, in one, Gail forgot where she had to go , but the funny bit of that was it was the last jump she forgot and the two previous obstacles and the last were all in a straight line even Gail can't believe she did that, but still she wouldn't have been the first, nor the last to do that, although these senior moments seem to be spreading in our club, Chris has done it as well, and another lady stood in the middle of the ring half way round with that blank expresion on her face personally I think it was just down to having so much else to do on the day as well. But I did get some lovely Skittle hugs, so I'm happy
Christine
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Well done with Jack again! You really are having some fun with him aren't you?

In showing you see that where some storm off if dog doesn't get placed! I always give my boys a big pat regardless - they always give me 110% so not their fault if the judge needs glasses
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Well done you x