View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 01:26 PM

Can't Cope With This Behaviour For Much Longer (more fits)

Over 48 hours, Loki has had more seizures. They didn't seem as bad as before so we were hoping the KBr is starting to have some effect. Yesterday, at 8 am, we gave him rectal diazepam to try to break the cluster and ever since then he's been like a different dog and I just can't cope with it anymore, I'm so depressed and there's nothing I can do.

He's been pacing around and around - literally since yesterday morning. Crashing into things, crying ... nothing I do seems to calm him and I have tried everything I can think of. All I can do is confine him to the hall and listen to him pacing around crying and banging into things and I feel like I'm going to explode. The pacing and unsteadiness is usual post-seizure but not to this extent or for this long. There's nothing more I can do for him - whether I'm around or not, he carries on regardless. He seemed to have a peaceful night but it all started again this morning. I'm afraid to put any noise on to drown him out in case he has a seizure and I don't hear it but I can't just sit here and listen to this.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Loki. It must be awful what you are going through. You must feel so helpless.

Could you phone the vet to see if he might be able to suggest something that could help loki be more comfortable.

I hope that he improves very soon.

Thoughts are with you
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 01:33 PM
I think the vet would be a good idea, might be able to give him something else.

I wish you all the best with him.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 01:33 PM
oh how awful for you and for poor loki, i wish i could give you advice but i have no experience of this kind of thing and i really dont know what to say, my heart goes out to you. what does the vet say about the length of time this has gone on for?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi LS under the circumstance I don't know what to suggest...what does the vet say ...??
What would I do at this moment...I would try settling down in a dark room (curtains and blinds drawn to cut out stimulus) with some soft classical music and Loki's head on my lap speaking softly and stroking him
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Your heart must be breaking . I wish I could offer some practical advice but as you know I'm just a newbie .

Sending healing vibes out to Loki and big hugs to you and hope the vets can help him with the meds asap. Diane xxx
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi LS...its the most upsetting thing in the world to know your animal is going through something like that, and not be able to help. If I was you I would contact the vet, even if they could just provide a sedative to calm him until he is a little more stable. You both need de-stressing as its definitely not doing either of you any favours. Try not to get too depressed, you just need to take one day at a time and not take these setbacks too hard.
Thinking of you
xx Het
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Loki is very ill at the minute LS, you both must be going through hell at the moment and its not what you need with the new baby coming soon is it because you need to rest as much as possible. Does the vet give you any hope that he will get better in the next few weeks or is he going to be like this all the time now and is he in pain?
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2006, 02:18 PM
It's terrible poor Loki
i hope the vet can do something
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope the vet can sort something out for you. Take care, we're all thinking of you xx
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »