Female 

06-10-2007, 01:11 PM
yep to my knowledge

activity registered is because shes a cross and cant b 'properly' registered
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2007, 01:12 PM
My youngest dog is under my name with the KC as well.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
My youngest dog is under my name with the KC as well.
Hi alice, so you mean that you filled in and signed your own forms as well, and without a counter-signature from your parents as well? (ive assumed you are under 16yrs by asking this)

cheers for the info suze
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Ah, thats interesting to know. i didnt know you could register a dog with any organisation by a young child.
have you had them microchipped registered to you as well?

edited to say: someone else just asked me a good question to ask you:
when you were 9, were allowed to fill out and sign your own form, or did your parents have to counter-sign it?
Having just filled out the kc transfer papers a few weeks ago(for MY Rottweiler), I can tell you it does not ask for date of birth or age, therefore regardless of your age if you can read and write in capitals then you can fill it out and send it away(oh and have access to a credit card or cheque)

Also there is a thing called YKC which is for young people aged 6 to 24(if you search it on google etc. there is more info about it)... on its page about YKC stakes classes it states

""The dog must be registered either;

a. Solely or jointly in the member's name or

b. In the name of a member of the family and under these circumstances the dog must be resident at the YKC member's address.""

Therefore a 6 year old could have a dog registered with the KC.

p.s. Im 17 and Didnt need my mum to counter-sign, infact there isnt a bit on the form for them to do so...

what's the activity register?
""Any dog of any ancestry may be registered in the Activity Register. Any dog on this register may then compete in Obedience, Working Trials, Agility, Heelwork to Music and Flyball competitions licensed by the Kennel Club. It is not eligible to compete in Field Trials or Gundog Working Tests.""

above to compete in the above mentioned things regardless of their breed(for example JRT can be on it even though the kc does not recognize them) or their breeding (even if a kc recognized breed they may not be kc reg as pups etc. or could be from rescue).

My collie will be getting registered on it once we come up with a name for her.
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi alice, so you mean that you filled in and signed your own forms as well, and without a counter-signature from your parents as well?
Signed it myself, like rose said, it didn't ask for a date of birth or anything and we didn't think anything of it at the time. It was a while ago now but I don't remember my dad having to sign anything regarding the KC registration.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2007, 02:02 PM
cheers guys, thats all very interesting and useful info.

thanx for that.

(where's the thumbs up smiley)
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 02:07 PM
i remember now!! the young kennel club thingt - getting leaflets and member ship things lol

many years ago lol!
jannie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2007, 04:28 PM
My son danny has just turned 15 on Wednesday,he used to walk my staffordshire bull terriers from the age of 12.He is a responsible young lad, but bear in mind the field is 2 minutes from the house.But from being born he has had these type of dogs round him.When my staff was no longer with us,i bought a boxer cross staff cos i couldn't bear having another staffy.he was nearly 5 months old.Well trained but i needed to train him my way.When i was confident that Danny could walk him,i let Danny do this.I trust the dog with my son.I have never had any problems.I also have a irish staffy i rescued.But i wont let Danny walk him what so ever.Not because i dont trust danny or my dog.It is because of the young idiots and their dogs,usually staff cross pits.I wouldn't like to put my dog or son in that situation,were the other lads want to test my dog with theres.It utter shame because it's nice to see kids in the park playing with their four legged friends.But some adults with this kind of breed are worst than kids.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 04:51 PM
the only age restriction is on sales, that 16yrs.

i think if the child is sensible and the dog not huge then there is no problem.

its when you get 9-10yrs walking a reactive GSD then you will have problems ( this i have encountered). But then the full responsibility will lay with the parents.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 06:30 PM
i dont think many will take notice of an age restriction for walking a dog if there going to walk the dog there going to do it no matter the age and the parents will not care less as long as the dog is out,i believe licencing should be bought back registered with the vet and the cost i reckon £150-£200 id pay it
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >