Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 02:51 PM

OMG Neighbours have a puppy

She is incapable of bringing up her 5 children properly let alone a puppy
It looks like a spaniel cross and obviously this breed needs alot of exercise and mental stimlation,she has returned to work,leaves the house at approx 8.30 in a morning and is back at around 3.30pm,her partner also works,some times long hours,so obviously they are not going to even be able to provide the puppy with basic care,i.e toilet training and feeding routines.

I am also concerned,infact very concerned for the well being of this puppy,already today the 5 year old daughter has picked her up by the tail and shouted 3 times look mummy I can pick her up by the tail and she likes it Not a word from her saying you don't pick dogs / pups up like that

Then one of the twins nearly 10 yrs picked it up and put it on the trampoline whilst jumping up and down Again nothing out of the mother's mouth

I feel this puppy is going to get seriously injured or when older injure one of these kids by attacking them if they carry on treating it like this and it will either become a rescue stat or worse.

I shall obviously be keeping an eye out for the pup and report them if necessary.
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Even after seeing that and noting no response from the adult I would report them.

We can only hope they either realise that they cannot care for a dog or they wake up and see the light and the dog has a lovely forever home.

If you feel you need to report them I would hun xxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 03:57 PM
If I see anything else then I will report them,I really do fear the worst for that poor puppy neighbour is pretty clueless to say the least
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Poor thing, not a good situation to be in.
Becky
whippetwatch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I woulds find that impossible to watch. I would take steps to try to get the puppy away from such a home - it is all going to end in tears.
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2011, 04:56 PM
For goodness sake! Hate hearing stories like that, i know of a woman that has had 5 dogs and a cat that had a litter in last 7 months!!!!! She buys them then the kids terrorise them till they snap so she rehomes them and goes and buys another! Why, she does this i don't know cause the kids are far too rough on them and she doesn't seem to see it.

If you feel like you should report it don't hesitate, that poor pup.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Had a couple lived down the street from us - had a rottweiler that was never taken out and it would jump at the window as people went past and scare the wits outta them... booted out to garden exile then rehomed as it was "misbehaving"... then they got the cat - that was out raking the streets in the freezing cold snaps (and he was only a little kitten and an utter cutie as well)... cat vanished... then they got this massive ginger mongrel about the size of the horse, having learnt from the window incident they booted this one to live straight out in the garden. They had a hedge, tied some string to "secure" the garden - dog spent more time in our back garden than theirs!

They've moved away now but they went through this collection of animals in well under a year.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Just went out to get my washing in,and the one lad was saying when she is fully grown are we going to let her have pups
Mom replied I don't expect so - Thank god!

Tyler was a nightmare last time Meg was in season and having an inseason bitch next door isn't going to be good I don't suppose there is much I can do about that though.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:23 PM
That's really sad, I can understand your concern as my nieghbours have 4 unruly children and when they have a visitor who brings her dog you can hear them all in the garden barking at the dog to torment it! I am always grateful they don't have one of their own as I wouldn't trust them one bit.
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Poor pup, could you have a quiet word with the mum and tell her you are concerned?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >