Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2013, 12:34 AM

Has ANYBODY EVER heard of this food??

It's ridiculous. I cannot find ANY information on the food online at all! I got it on sale at a local retailer and it seemed good enough so I bought it, but now I'm suspicious of it because I can't find it online anywhere. No information about it... nothing at all!

I gave some to Nigredo to taste and he loved it, but I'm worried it might have been recalled, illegal or something... so if anybody can.. PLEASE help me? I had never seen this brand there before either, and have never heard of it. It looks pretty good, but I don't want to feed it to him before being sure.

Can anybody find a link or something? Has anybody used or heard of this food? I've looked all over.. nothing. I saw it being sold on eBay, but nothing else... really generic looking sale thingy. The shelter had him on Purina Puppy Chow, and he was on that for a while and the vet said I should add some cat food since he kept stealing it out of their bowls. Which I did.

Now I'm switching him from Purina Puppy Chow mixed with Purina One cat food... to an adult formula. Normally I'd go with a canned diet... but dried food pellets it is... since that's what he's been on since he came from the shelter.

I'm getting ready to try seeing if there's a number I can call, but I'm not sure if I should trust them etc. so if anybody can help.. Thanks!

Here's a link to the food.. and what it looks like and whatnot since I cannot find any info... I did a video showing the food bag and brand name and stuff.

BTW.. I seriously doubt I stay on this food as it was reduced from a whopping $26 for a 2.2 lb bag to the sale price of $18 and my father knows the retailer so I got a better deal. NO WAY I can afford that once he gets much bigger, but it'll do a for few months if the food is legit.

Thanks for any help!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2013, 12:51 AM
Never mind! I did a more detailed search and see now that this company and their products are to be steered clear of. Their main site is uspetnutrition.com and their foods got mixed reviews from certain sites. Their certification links are just photos and the entire site reeks of suspicious.

The company isn't certified by reputable companies (FDA, AAFCO) and this might explain why the food was on sale etc. I'll give him some and see if it gives him the runs, and if not... he'll get this but I won't be getting anymore.