Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Hello Diane welcome..
We went back to the vet today and they said she was anemic and definitely having vision problems. They would have done a screening to check all her organs, but we couldn't afford it. So, the second option was to put her on prednisone. The vet said it would make Lady feel better , should get her eating and drinking a lot. But it would not be a cure, only a treatment for the symptoms. So, we are trying that out. He did indicate that he thought it could be a problem with her red blood cells somehow
.. I would try somehow regardless of the cost to have a blood test for kidney and liver function . Putting a dog on steroids (prednisone) when you don't know the cause of the problem can only really be a temporary measure.

I wish I could be of more help but it is difficult when the cause of the problem is not known

I hope Lady improves soon x..
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2