View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2013, 04:06 PM

Orijen - price rise/smaller bags - has anyone tried Eden multi fish & meat instead?

I've noticed many of the cheaper suppliers of Orijen have been out of stock for ages so did a search & found Champion Foods had a fire a few months ago, so stocks are limited. That aside, where it is available, the bags have gone down to 13kg & prices gone up to about £65, so I looked for grain-free on Whichdogfood & they're raving about a new UK food - Eden multi fish & meat - which is only about £50 for 15kg. Has anyone tried it?

Ingredients †

Fresh Chicken 19%, Dried Chicken 17%, Fresh Salmon 16%, Herring Meal 14%, Potato 10%, Sweet Potato 5%, Chicken Fat 5%, Dried Duck 4%, Dried Whole Egg 3%, Chicken Gravy 2%, Fresh White Fish 2%, Lucerne, Pea Fibre, Mineral & Vitamins, Carrot, Spinach, Apple, Joint Support Pack (Glucosamine (355mg/kg), MSM (355mg/kg) & Chondroitin (250mg/kg)), Rosehips, Camomile, Burdock Root, Aniseed & Fenugreek, Mixed Herbs (Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano and Sage), Seaweed, Cranberry and Prebiotic FOS.

Typical Analysis (?)

Crude Protein: 41%, Crude Oil and Fats: 19%, Crude Fibre: 2%, Crude Ash: 9.5%. Nutritional Additives: vitamins: Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) 14,425 Iu/kg, Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 2,160 Iu/kg, Vitamin E (as Tocopherol Acetate) 95 Mg/kg.
Acei
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes, also switching our Beagle from Orijen to Eden. He likes it and we also notice that he's less windy than on the Orijen.

I'm in Ireland and was getting Orijen for around €80 for 13 kg from ZooPlus. I can get Eden at €60 for 15 kg.

It appears to be similar quality and a lot cheaper.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I was warned that the prices were going to rise and that the bags would get smaller. I tried Canagan which is MEANT to be good - however it didn't compare to Orijen. I can't change to Eden as one of my dogs can only have fish - no chicken, beef, grain and it took me 10 months to find a food that actually worked for him. I bought two big bags when my supplier told me they were going up in price so I'm OK for a while but unfortunately I'll just have to swallow the price increase
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I was warned that the prices were going to rise and that the bags would get smaller. I tried Canagan which is MEANT to be good - however it didn't compare to Orijen. I can't change to Eden as one of my dogs can only have fish - no chicken, beef, grain and it took me 10 months to find a food that actually worked for him. I bought two big bags when my supplier told me they were going up in price so I'm OK for a while but unfortunately I'll just have to swallow the price increase
http://www.acana.com/products/regionals/pacifica/

Or try this Jenny
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Anyone tried Eden dog food???

This is the thread I put up when I was gonna try Eden
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes, sorry everyone, I found that thread after I posted this one, so I needn't have started this. Can't find a way to delete though
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Millies Wolfheart is Also a grain / gluten free UK based dog food of very good quality. They have a page on a certain social networking group and their website is

http://www.millieswolfheart.co.uk/
lindaisy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2013, 06:32 AM
This is a link to CSJ..... £35 for 15kg....This is their "no grainer" one of the more expensive they do but their food is from all natural ingredients.

http://www.csjk9.com/productcart/pc/...7&idcategory=4

My girl is on CSJ (that'll do") and is very healthy and happy.

They do samples.....and support.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
http://www.acana.com/products/regionals/pacifica/

Or try this Jenny
Thanks I have tried it and my hyper-intolerant dog didn't do well on it
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Thanks I have tried it and my hyper-intolerant dog didn't do well on it
uh what a pain x x also pets at home sell http://www.petsathome.com/shop/dog/dog-food-treats/dry-dog-food/?ref1=1|Main+Flavour-|White+Fish
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >