Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 07:39 PM

Sunday 25th September 2011 - Walsall

Greyhound Gap Show. I put a thread about it in hounds and then realised I should have put it here. Feel free to merge/move....

"The show will be at the Walsall Arboretum annexe, Walsall. The post code is: WS1 2AB

It's a fun show open to all, an ALL BREEDS show so all are welcome.

Registration on the day will start at 11am with the show classes starting at 12.00noon

Rosettes will be awarded to 5th place in each classes, goodies bags to 3rd place and a small trophy for each of the class with a bigger trophy for Best Rescue Classes and Best in Show.

There will also be a variety of stalls in attendance on the day as well as Gap merchandise, collars, name the dog, local and national rescue stalls, trade stands and much much more.

Toilets are at the site and refreshments are available from the catering van.

Classes:
Prettiest bitch
Most Handsome Dog
Best Puppy (up to 12mnths months)
Best Senior (8years and over)
Child Handler
Best Rough Coated

Short Break

Best Black Dog
Best Gap Rescue
Best Non Gap Rescue
Dog Judge would most like to take home
Best Smooth Coated

10 minute Break to prepare for…

Fancy Dress
Open Class for all dogs who havent yet won a rosette on the day (winner will qualify for Best In Show)

Then Best In Show

Directions to Gap Show from M6
Take Jn 9 from the M6 and take the exit from the island signposted Walsall (From the North that is the first exit and from South, the 3rd exit)

Follow the rd (dual carriageway) keeping in the right hand lane.

The road forks after around 50yrds going through a set of traffic lights. Keep right and follow the right hand land signposted ring road/Lichfield. You will be on 'The Broadway'.

Once through the traffic lights, get over to the left hand lane. Go past Morrisons, through the traffic lights next to it, to another set of traffic lights. Keep heading straight on.

Follow 'The Broadway' for around a mile and a half. This will take you through another set of traffic lights and over several-teen islands! Just remember, keep going straight on, following the signs for Lichfield/Walsall.

After around the mile and a half, you will come to the Arboretum. If you look to your right, the row of houses lining the broadway will stop and you will see a railing set back with a broad grass verge in front of it. There is a driveway and a small sign pointing to the Arboretum. Turn right up that driveway and you'll be there.

Just a note...... If after drving down the broadway, you come to a very large island and can see a Safeway Supermarket, you have gone too far! Turn round and you will come to the entrance on your left.

For further clarification the postcode of the event is WS1 2AB, google map here:

http://tinyurl.com/34ue5tb

NB: We would ask on the day that any dogs that aren't great with smaller or other dogs are muzzled for safety measures and to make the event more relaxed and enjoyable for everyone. Muzzles are available for hire."
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 05:30 PM
*bump* this Sunday! Hope to see some of you there, come and say hello!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Mel - Can't make it but I hope you take lots of pictures for us
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Shame you can't make it, would have been nice to meet again
I will take lots of pictures, don't you worry!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Might pop along.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Aww gutted i will miss this i like the GAP shows, take lots of piccys and will have to have another midlands dogsey walk soon x