View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I think if it was me, then the sooner the better.

I personally would be looking for just about any excuse not to let Ruby go - I'm sure you are too, Jules.

x0x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I think if it was me, then the sooner the better.

I personally would be looking for just about any excuse not to let Ruby go - I'm sure you are too, Jules.

x0x
Thats exactly what i'm doing, desperately trying to come up with a better idea but i cant find one
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
This is soooooo hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I'd let her go back, I'm sure they will find her a good home & you will know its final, not wondering if she'll be coming back as you might if you rehome her.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I'd let her go two, based on a couple of things.
One - they were picky enough they originally gave her to you
Two, they have many contacts in the doggy world - therefore are more likely to find a suitable home quicker.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I can see both points here. . .

On the one hand the other owner may have more contacts and it would mean Ruby going sooner. As you said this would help a little bit with your feelings as its less time to second guess yourself and the desion you have made.

On the other if you rehome her yourself then you will get to vet the people and see who she is going to. This will make it easier to picture her new home and family when you later think about her. Also she will only be uprooted once rather then twice.

If it were me i think i would rehome myself (i'm a bit of a control freak and would need to personally meet the new owners no matter how much i trusted the other person), i would however use the other owner shamelessly for her contacts.

What ever you choose to do we all know you have your dogs interest at heart and how upsetting this is. Try not to be too hash on yourself and remember this is a desion you made to imporve the lives of all your family both caine and feline.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
If you trust them to find a good home for her then go for it. How is it passing the buck to allow them to use their contacts in the dog world to make sure she gets settled with the right people in the shortest amount of time? You have done nothing but take your responsibility to Ruby and your other pets very seriously.

I've been following Ruby's story and I feel for you both, but to be honest I think this will be harder for you than for her. She'll go to a home where she can relax and not be hyped up by the prospect of a cat chase, she'll be loved and well cared for, I hate to break it to you but I'm sure she'll be fine! It's you I'm worried about!

Good luck to you both,

J

i totally agreee

you have tried everything and done your best for ruby,

good luck,
xx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Thank you all for your input.

We have decided to let her go, after long conversations, Ruby's previous owners understand how hard this is for us and we have agreed that any potential new owners will be vetted by her and she will also run them by me as well and the final decision as to who gets her will be mine.

She has already put the feelers out and has had some interest so we dont think it will take very long, as for the moving twice, this did (and still does a little) concern me but as she said it would be no different to her going into kennels for a couple of weeks if we were to go away on holiday, so looking at it like that, we feel happier about it all.

I still wish i could find another solution but i know there isnt one, so its deep breaths and time to say goodbye
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Only just seen this thread, and my heart goes out to you, but having read it all, I also think you are doing the right thing, she will be fine and I am sure she will find another loving home in no time, it would be nice if you could meet the new owners though, for your own piece of mind. Thinking of you, and Ruby xx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
i would say as ruby already nows them then yes if it was a strange foster home then yes i would say no as to much up rooting and change. I think for yoou sack and the cats and every thing i would say yes if it is was me,even you state you want updates all the way through and you give your input into the new family hun. hope you get it sorted hun. good luck its a hard thing to do but you have got the backing of the old owners to help.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2