Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-07-2006, 03:45 PM

Fat dog club, New TV Series Discussion Thread

(If you haven't already read the story in the news section you can do so by clicking here.)

I thought it would be good to create a thread in case anyone who might be interested in appearing on the show wanted to talk with others who might be considering the same. (Wouldn't it be great if a fellow Dogweb member was on it?!!)

Personally I think it's a great idea as not only does the dog get a better lifestyle but the owner too - it just reinforces the notion of them being our best friend, effectively improving the owner's life in a very physical sense as well as an emotional one. Who knows... they could even be saving the owner's life!

I'd love to go on it myself as I am a bit out of shape at the moment... only thing is Rocky is as fit as a fiddle

OK, so who's up for it?!

Edited to Add:

Rachael tells me they still have some places left if anyones interested! So if you and your dog or anyone you know (and their dogs) wants to lose weight get in touch with her... she tells me there are some great prizes to be won
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
What about those of us who are underweight through shedding so many pounds running around with our dogs? Come on, think of the skinny guy!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-07-2006, 04:55 PM
lol I know what that feels like too maybe they could run a version to fatten the skinny people up a bit as well
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2006, 07:58 PM
I am sure fellow Dogwebbers have the fittest healthiest dogs anywhere so think it unlikely any of them will be on the program ...

I don't get BBC3 I'm afraid.. no 'advanced' viewing here just the standard 4 channels (not even C5 because of the hills ) so I will have to wait for reports on the programme from other Dogwebbers

Hopefully the program will point out the health dangers associated with letting dogs get to fat, and some might heed the warnings. As my vet always says ''Dogs don't die from being thin ''.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
I am sure fellow Dogwebbers have the fittest healthiest dogs anywhere so think it unlikely any of them will be on the program ...

I don't get BBC3 I'm afraid.. no 'advanced' viewing here just the standard 4 channels (not even C5 because of the hills ) so I will have to wait for reports on the programme from other Dogwebbers

Hopefully the program will point out the health dangers associated with letting dogs get to fat, and some might heed the warnings. As my vet always says ''Dogs don't die from being thin ''.
It will probably appear on BBC 2 later anyway; Some BBC3 shows are also available on the website too

I think it's one of them programs that will infuriate all responsible dog owners in the same way thet it's me or the dog did
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Stewart
It will probably appear on BBC 2 later anyway; Some BBC3 shows are also available on the website too

I think it's one of them programs that will infuriate all responsible dog owners in the same way thet it's me or the dog did
Do you think? ..
Thank you Stewart I may get to see it after all then
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2006, 09:21 PM
I don't get BBC 3 either and this is the only program i've ever seen on the channel that i would like to see
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I'd probably watch it but wouldn't want to appear on it. I'd hate to be on a reality tv show - mind you it might launch a career in TV
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Yep it's all about getting your foot in the door

C'mon guys we got some great personalities on here I want to see a Dogweb member getting famous!! :smt101
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-07-2006, 12:00 AM
im fat but my dog aint

id love to do somethign like that
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >