View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2006, 03:13 PM

a question for dogmatic users (attach to collar, or are they escape-proof?)

Hi guys
For those of you that use a dogmatic........do you also somehow attach to collar as a back up? Or are they non escapable?
thank you
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi
They are supposed to be non -escapable and the instructions do say ''don't attach to a collar'' I had a leather one which I felt very secure with but I've just got one of the new synthetic ones which is great but the head strap ( which doesn't have a buckle) is slipping so I'm waiting on a reply from dogmatic ) ....in the meantime I back it up with a choke chain ( the choke chain is loose enough to allow the dogmatic to work and is there purely incase the strap slips and Murph backs out of it
Hth
Liz
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 03:38 PM
I wont be buying a dogmatic again, as they are terrible at helping you with problems. My dogmatic ripped (brand new) where the ring to the lead goes and would of lasted minutes after I got home which was lucky as I didnt have a back up and I had been walking her on a busy road.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Never used a Dogmatic but you can buy links.. that attach the dogmatic to the collar..

its like a bit of webbing or rope with a clip on each end..(google halti Link)
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 08:07 PM
I use the dogmatic and always attach it to a half choke.

I have never had a problem when dealing with dogmatic. The first one I purchased was too big for my dog, new one sent by return of post on which the metal ring for the lead was broken. Again a new one was in the post without delay.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
we used our old halti links and attached to the collar for back up to be honest they are the only headcollar both dogs can't easily get out of, though Kody can get it off his nose if you stop long enough.

I only use it on Keena now as she has responded really well to it Kody after 4 months is still dismal and I haven't so much given up with him wearing it, just realised it doesn't work for him.
Solitaire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Never used a Dogmatic but have used Haltis for several Danes, some accepted them others didn't but I always clipped onto a loose choke chain as well, as some worked out how to slip them off.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I use Dogmatics for my Dobe and GSP, I find that they fit quite snuggly and do not run up or come off. I don't need to use any kind of attachment although I always did when using a regular halti. My Dobe (my GSP too) has always worn a headcollar though and doesn't fight it or object in any way, he doesn't know any different. If you have a training lead with clips at both ends you could try attaching one end to the dogmatic and the other to you dogs collar. I have used Dogmatics now for 3 years and have had no problems. The original ones were rivetted on the all the joins and I chose not to buy one of those as I don't trust rivets, when I found that they were stitched I bought two and have been very pleased with them.
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks very much everybody
I do have one on order now from our local behaviour clinic.
Was going for the leather one but the lady said they are really hard and stiff so I opted for a synthetic leather one......though I am a bit concerned about the "new" buckle, especially after reading your post,Murphy!though it is supposed to be non-slip! I hope so as its for my dog aggressive GSD
She also ordered it in leather so I will have a choice
I am also getting one for saffy
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Have to say I use the leather ones .........you can soften them up with leather dressing...........I am not a fan of the nylon type.............much prefere the buckle!........................i always attach the Dogmatic to a a half check collar.....just to be extra safe
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >