Female 

03-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by JamieWilson View Post
Name of charity
Retired Greyhound Trust

Location/country
UK

Description/what they
Find homes for ex racing Greyhounds nationwide.

Your reason for the nomination
They do a fantastic job in rehoming a loving caring breed of do that man has took advantage of for his own greed and pleasure.
Run by caring and motivated volunteers, it is a fantastic charity that needs as much help as possible.
I second this one as its who I was going to vote for and for the same reasons. I help with our local branch and I know there is desperatly more funds needed to help more greyhounds. There are more needing help than there is funds for so every little will help extra greyhounds that would otherwise possibly meet with a sad end because the RGT don't have funds for extra kennels to take them.
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Name of charity
DDA Watch

Location/country
UK

Description/what they do
There to support families whose dogs are affected by BSL

Your reason for the nomination
They are the only charity that I know of that support families affected by BSL. They help support families and will help with the court costs to help families get their dogs back if the cant afford it. They have people there that will answer the phone 24/7 to anyone needing help (even if you are crying your eyes out) and help to provide counselling and the best solicitors to help get your dog back.

"DA Watch Ltd is a not-for-profit company, registration number 7393352 set up to help monitor "dangerous dog" legislation and to educate and assist those affected by it. DDA Watch is run entirely by volunteers who campaign to find fair, workable solutions that can better protect the public without compromising the lives and welfare of countless dogs who have never acted dangerously.

We are often asked to help owners and dogs in a variety of ways, all of which we can only do if the funding is available. With funding we can:

Assist owners going through the court process providing much needed support in an often frightening situation.

Help owners financially as costs can often reach hundreds of pounds which owners may not be able to access within time limits.

Offer rescue placements for dogs no longer able to stay with their owners.

Afford legal representation to challenge decisions and help save more lives.

In the last few years our support base has grown quickly and with the increased support we have seen a huge increase in the cries for help.

As a not-for-profit company any funds raised go directly to cover costs of supporting dogs and owners and campaigning to change the legislation. No volunteer is paid for their time. Please help us to keep helping dogs who have no voice and no choice.

If you wish to donate please visit our 'How you can help' page, here - http://www.ddawatch.co.uk/how_can_you_help.html"
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-01-2013, 07:42 PM
  • Name of charity - KerryGreyhounds
  • Location/country - Ireland
  • Description/what they do - Rescue Greyhounds
  • Your reason for the nomination - They are another rescue who have been posting their dogs needing rescuing on Dogsey for a while, hence I feel they might also be able to do with our help - while of course being a worthy cause
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Ok guys, if there are no more nominations by the end of the day we'll put up the voting thread tomorrow
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2