View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2016, 09:40 AM
Thank you all for your nice comments about my photos. i do it purely for my own pleasure but did enter one international competition run by a cosmetic company and got joint runner up. But competition stuff is not for me.

I only have two tip I give to those starting out in photography . First it is the idiot behind the camera that makes the photo a camera only records it. Second for me getting a shot I like is good enough, if anyone else likes them it is a bonus.

I am self taught for one good reason. if I went and learn't from others and got qualifications i would only be doing things the way they did not my own way.

Think of it like this, All the great artists now have pictures worth millions of pounds, What are those that copy worth or even heard of?
One should always be the hardest critic of their own work,there is always some improvements that can be made
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Lynn, I meant to say I was sorry your friend lost one of her Bernese but it is great she is getting a new puppy and I bet you cannot wait to meet Dolly, lovely name for a Bernese. Hope Dillon loves her too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2016, 10:24 AM
LG it is harder than you think to lie in when your dog is used to going out early and you have a son saying aren't you going to get up and take her out. He then goes straight back to bed.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Moyra - I've already given my opinion on your offspring so won't bore you with repeating it.
Do however, hope that you can somehow get a little more sleep - as is your right after a lifetime of work, if that is what you choose to do!
Have just booked Danger Curls in for a haircut. Tomorrow afternoon to be precise, just hope it doesn't go suddenly very cold as I'm not a fan of putting coats on dogs (unless there is some really valid veterinary reason).
Also I think the others would take the mickey out of her!! lol !
The temperature has dropped very quickly here this afternoon, do hope we aren't heading for a frost as we still have a lot of plants flowering in the gardens. Doubt whether the weather gods will pay any heed to my requests though, last year we still had dahlias and roses flowering till well into November. Once the colour has gone from outdoors it always feels like winter has set in properly.
Back later, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-10-2016, 03:55 PM
According to the forecast at lunchtime, we've got warmer air coming up from the continent, so a nice warm weekend. Got some pansies to plant out in the gaps left after my session last week.More bulbs as well. Taking Lona, Mabs and Zen onto the river tomorrow, Cariad and Kesh can go a walk round, then (depending how I feel) I'll do a bit more in the garden.
Don't tell DC you're taking her for a haircut, she may run and hide
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Hope you got your gardening done June. Thanks for the bulb mention - it just reminded me I've got a boxful in an outbuilding that have still got to be put in.
Ref DC and the "haircut" - no problem there at all - she loves the two old dears who do it for me. She comes home trimmed, sweet smelling and full of goodies (doubtless things I wouldn't dream of givng to her) in consequence she is more than keen to be left with them for an hour or two.
Although as a safety measure they always pop her into a big crate once she's finished and present her with the big bone I take down with me for this purpose. Always best to be safe as opposed to the alternative - for given the chance she can be quite an escapologist.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Moyra, Amber is your dog isn't she? you are the one who walks her and feeds her and sees to her everyday needs are you not?? in which case if she is happy to have a bit of a lie in then do it and you are older enough to do as you please.
LG,me on mastermind Lol...there would be a lot of passes. I hope danger curls doesn't feel the cold...i had my haircut yesterday and now i am freezing Lol
TW, is everyone getting warmer weather? i do hope so
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Evening everyone,
Hope you've all had a good day, lG you've reminded me I need to book Rosie in, she needs a good bath & trim. Rosie won't be over impressed at me leaving her but she'll smell lovely. I've found a lovely dog groomer by chance, after talking to friends about where I went last time , lots of friends told me about 'Summers' where all my friends who own dogs go, and I've seen lots of before & after pics I went to see her on the off chance to meet a lovely lady, who then when I asked prices I found out charges half the price I payed & some of the things I've found out about the ones I used ( not mistreatment of the dogs) but their business practices made me angry
Sorry for rambling on lol
I've heard about the good weather coming too Griff, so must be round the midlands too
Moyra Amber would get used to going out later
Right need some food be back later
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Just a quick say,I am really looking foreward to putting up tomorrows photo, it is one i really like
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
I am really looking foreward to putting up tomorrows photo
I think you should post one everyday Barry, they are good quality and very interesting. Wonder what tomorrows will be, you've got us all on tenter hooks now
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >