Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:46 PM
I pick up where ever my dogs go

And I would also pick up after someone elses dog if I could see that they couldn't, whats an extra bag No big deal
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
If I see Lexi do it I always pick up but sometimes she off roads into woods and has been said before I would never be able to find it...
Good topic
Sue
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I think that this remark was a bit below the belt in my opinion, Malady I suspect that you are quiet able bodied, there are some people on here that are not, me included. I would like you to try something if you can. imaginge you had lost your legs, yes you have false ones but you have no ankle and you can't stand on your tip toes, therefore walking on uneven ground is very painful if not impossible. then try and bend down without bending your knee (remeber you not a any ankle to bend) while keeping hold of two walking sticks, a poop scoop and a bag, at the same time trying to keep your balance which is hard if there is any wind up (it throughs you straight off you feet, even the slightest breeze). could you do that?

Ian

Ian, I never implied I wasn't sympathetic, just said I was not considerate of your circumstances, because of the attitude you put accross.

I imagine it is very hard for you to manage at times and it will be difficult for you to adjust for some time to come. Asking me to perform poo picking under your circumstances isn't achieving anything as I am lucky I am abled bodied, flexible and have a certain amount of youth on my side, and therefore I can bend down placing my hands palm flat on the floor, without bending my ankles or knees, as I said I am just one of the lucky ones, I keep myself flexible and fit.

Aside from that, I never intended to be unsympathetic toward you personally, my argument is not personal, it's about the law and the health hazards toward the general public, which includes my children....... That, Ian, is a subject very close to my heart, when I nearly lost 2 of my 3 children, so to see them potentially harmed by ignorance angers me greatly.

You do not need to carry a poop scoop, only a bag, which most people do. There are ways and means around everything
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
The Poster had no consideration that his dogs' poo could be harmful to mine or others' children, why therefore should I be considerate of their circumstances, regardless of what they are ? Are you saying that the Law on poo picking should only apply to those who are willing to try and reach ???
Well actually that's where your are wrong - Snorri did not once say he did not pick up his dogs poo of the streets. So if that's the assumption you made (which seems so by the looks of what you posted) you did so incorrectly.

Are you saying that the Law on poo picking should only apply to those who are willing to try and reach ???
Just because I ask you show a little courtesy in the way you post doesn't mean that I am addressing or referring to your actual opinion. So no, I'm not "actually saying" anything about the topic in my last post - just addressing the way in which you have posted.

The rolling eyes are because the difference in dog poo and cattle poo has been mentioned several times, and ignored so it's frustrating when people are being ignorant of the law and basic consideration for the general public, whom it can be harmful to.
Ian was not coming across in a nasty or aggressive manner, he was simply putting his point across - the rolling of the eyes I bet, didn't do you any favours in his books.

And even if he did miss some of the points already posted, quote them, or post politely that scientific fact has shown otherwise.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Well i pick up after mine, where ever we are and find a bin.
I hate the fact people fail to clear it or leave it under a bush, because they are too lazy to go to a bin.
That is as bad as not clearing up in my books.
It is really simple part of taking a dog out it carrying the bags.
I get through my fair share but they always go in a bin.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:09 PM
I have taken your points into consideration Azz.

Have you asked Snorri to be more courtious without making her 'Bull Poo' remarks ?

Never Mind
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I pick up all poo at all times, I know my OH leaves those poos that are done in heavily wooded areas, way off track. Haven't the Forestry commision recently launched a stick and flick campaign???

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-6XDJXF

If you scroll down and look at the picking up rule, it says...
Never leave poo where people walk, play or picnic. Bag it AND put it in a bin on site or at home. Use a stick to flick poo off the path in remote areas.

I agree with that because of the envirnmental implications of bagging it all and it going to lanfill, like Danu=i said earlier.

The only people who don't have to pick up after their dogs are registered visually impaired people, who's dogs are trained not to spend when out anyway...although accidents happen. I know many who still try to do their best to pick up anyway.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Also, just to add, saying things like:

Originally Posted by Malady
Absolute Rubbish. Dog Faeces is NOT fertilization material, it contains harmful enzy....
Originally Posted by Malady
Oh, please what Tosh. The infection comes from Dog Poo. Rodents don't poo out on th....
Makes you come across as unfriendly and a little obnoxious, some may even say a complete and utter ______ (put app word there) .

Why couldn't you just say, I'm sorry but you're wrong there Dog Faeces is not fertilization material, it contains harmful enzy....

or

I think you'll find that Dog Faeces is not fertilization material, it contains harmful enzy....

or even,

Dog Faeces is not fertilization material, it contains harmful enzy....

and again,

Actually, you'll find that the infection comes from Dog Poo. Rodents don't poo out on th....

Don't worry, I'm not having a huge go at you, I'm just trying to highlight we do things differently here - while we may disagree about things we try to remain civil and friends wherever possible

Doesn't mean we are complete softies tho and wouldn't really bat an eyelid at such phrases if the topic was a highly charged one (eg such as fox hunting). It's just there's no need for it in a thread/debate like this one.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Oops sorry just noted you posted whilst I was typing out the above post! Thanks for taking on the points raised

Re Snorris comment (He's a He btw - he has the male sign shown with his posts ) - his comment was different because it was light hearted, designed to lift the mood of the thread. Ok it was a little off topic, but it wasn't aggressive or hurtful.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Ian, I never implied I wasn't sympathetic, just said I was not considerate of your circumstances, because of the attitude you put accross.

I imagine it is very hard for you to manage at times and it will be difficult for you to adjust for some time to come. Asking me to perform poo picking under your circumstances isn't achieving anything as I am lucky I am abled bodied, flexible and have a certain amount of youth on my side, and therefore I can bend down placing my hands palm flat on the floor, without bending my ankles or knees, as I said I am just one of the lucky ones, I keep myself flexible and fit.

But not every one is fit and able to do so, it does come over unsympathetically the way it reads, it isn't Ian's fault he is not as able bodied as most of the members on this board.

Aside from that, I never intended to be unsympathetic toward you personally, my argument is not personal, it's about the law and the health hazards toward the general public, which includes my children....... That, Ian, is a subject very close to my heart, when I nearly lost 2 of my 3 children, so to see them potentially harmed by ignorance angers me greatly.
It affects everyones kids, mine included but i would hope living with dogs,most children know not to mess with any type of poo.
I can understand your passionate about the subject, and health risk but there is better ways of putting it across.
You do not need to carry a poop scoop, only a bag, which most people do. There are ways and means around everything
I have bags every where and i'm sure Ian try's his best to do the right thing in all aspects of blackie's care.
You can be pasionate about any subject without being so aggressive.
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »