Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-09-2005, 08:17 PM

Covered in Prickles

They`re all over my hands
We have cacti called prickly pears they have fruit, but they are covered in tiny weeny spikes. Anyway was feeding the chickens & noticed something on the ground thought it was a ball, picked it looked at it & was one of these fruits before I realised
Now my fingers are covered in the damn things feeling like zillion of pins being stuck in em
So I`ve got tweezers trying to get damn things out, they`re minute as well so can`t see em only feel em
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 08:21 PM
ooh poor you that must of been a real shock picking it up and not realizing it was one of them prickly fruits hope you manage to get them all out
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks B/L it`ll take awhile tho Thing is they`re as fine as hairs you can`t hardly see the damn things just feel em, & you don`t even feel them straight away either
Stupid stupid me
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 08:34 PM
aww i feel so sorry for you i know what its like to have them tiny little spikes in your hand ive gotten loads through when we do the hay making you pick a bale up and your grab a thistle bush and boy does it hurt,when you think youve gotten them all out rub some antiseptic cream in your hands will ease the stinging
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 08:35 PM
oh owch!
My work used to have those stupid cacti on the tables and i kept accidently crushing myhand on them! They were tiny little red needles and i had to sit there for hours tryin to pull them out they dont half hurt!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks for sympathy girls
I made it worse examining the damn thing thinking it was a ball from the kids too late when realised it wasn`t then had to feed all the dogs etc cos OH was out for dinner Could see em at first & got clumps out but now can`t see em
Off to do best I can probably sit up in bed all night tryin to pull em out
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 08:47 PM
i dont know if this will help you it helped me fill a bowl with luke warm water put two tablespoons of salt in the water make sure its desolved put your hand in the bowl then with your other hand get some cotton wool and put it in the bowl and gently smooth over the litle tiny hairs in your hands the cotton wool will gentle ease the pricklys from your hand and you will see them on the cotton wool
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 08:49 PM
All I can say is OUCH!!! Hope you get them all out soon!
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2005, 08:56 PM
you should know better
mari
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2005, 09:00 PM
That is painful Christine
hope your ok soon
try vaseline and then wipe it off