Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 06:30 PM

Relationship Advice

Hey my mate has a bit of a problem, and i dont know what to suggest, hope someone can give me some advice to pass on!

She has been with her BF for 9 months, met him 10 months ago, during the first month of meeting him, she went on holiday and kissed 3 guys. She thought nothing of it, as her and her BF werent dating, so she thought, her BF says they have been dating 10 months, and she is now panicking because she thinks she has cheated on him!
I dont know what to suggest, should she fess up, or leave it!???

To me there seems confusion as to when they started dating, so she could just tell him, but theres no point really is there!?
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I wouldnt say anything if I was her, she didnt think they were going out so wasnt cheating on him and she only kissed them, no harm done
But then again he thinks they were going out and what if he did found out, sometimes these things just slip out, might be best if she told him that they werent even going out so thought there was no point of mentioning it until now as he says they were, its obvious she is worried and it will only bother her more keeping it in if she is the worrying type. Not much good at giving advice Gems
spike_the_staffy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-09-2005, 07:12 PM
From a guys point, thats not really cheating!
its just a kiss! big deal, tell her to get over it!! hehe
am sure her BF wont loose any sleep over it,
BUT............... why she still thinking about that after 10 MONTHS????????
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 07:40 PM
No point in saying anything now. Why bring up something that happened 10months ago? It'll only cause unnecessary heartache
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Oh Gawd, there isn't really anything to 'fess up to. They weren't really going out, even if he thought they were, and she should just chalk it up to experience and write it off. It's not as though she is cheating on him now so she didn't do anything underhand.

Tell her to just forget it and enjoy the relationship and her future.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Natasha
I wouldnt say anything if I was her, she didnt think they were going out so wasnt cheating on him and she only kissed them, no harm done
But then again he thinks they were going out and what if he did found out, sometimes these things just slip out, might be best if she told him that they werent even going out so thought there was no point of mentioning it until now as he says they were, its obvious she is worried and it will only bother her more keeping it in if she is the worrying type. Not much good at giving advice Gems
I told her not to say anything, as its only kissing and it was a long time ago, but i duno lol she doesnt like lying to him, theres only so much i can say!

Originally Posted by spike_the_staffy
From a guys point, thats not really cheating!
its just a kiss! big deal, tell her to get over it!! hehe
am sure her BF wont loose any sleep over it,
BUT............... why she still thinking about that after 10 MONTHS????????
I keep telling her to get over it, but she cant, i duno what to suggest, i dont know why she is still thinking about it, i cant understand, if it was JUST a kiss, why it should still be in her mind, maybe she isnt telling me everything!?

Originally Posted by Staffy
No point in saying anything now. Why bring up something that happened 10months ago? It'll only cause unnecessary heartache
Exactly what i said, thanks, to me it will just make a mountain out of a molehill!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Oh Gawd, there isn't really anything to 'fess up to. They weren't really going out, even if he thought they were, and she should just chalk it up to experience and write it off. It's not as though she is cheating on him now so she didn't do anything underhand.

Tell her to just forget it and enjoy the relationship and her future.
Thats why maybe im thinking more than a kiss happened, i dont know, the way she is going on about it, seems like she is really regretting something, but still if they werent dating, oh im not sure lol!

Its all very confusing!

thanks for the advice guys! much appreciated!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-09-2005, 08:57 AM
The way I see it is that 10 months ago she kissed some guys (inc her BF) and 10 months on, who's she with ? Her BF ....
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

13-09-2005, 09:00 AM
if its still on her mind 10 months later then she should tell about it - thats a long time to have to worry about something.

p.s I think kissing some-one else is cheating - but them I'm an old f*rt!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 09:16 AM
I think kissing is cheating too but if she didn't know they were meant to be going out, she didn't mean to cheat.

I'm confused.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

13-09-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm confused too - I always thought it was easy to tell if you were going out with some-one or not

maybe the dating rules have changed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >