Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
I've never heard of type 3 either, never been mentioned at any of my diabetic clinics, so I'm off to have a look too!
there might be an interesting page for you

http://www.diabetes.org/about-diabetes.jsp

but i think you know maybe somebody else would like to see it
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Oh! I've learnt something tonight - type 3.

Will go and read up on it.

Thanks

Ian
Same here! Wrote a paper on Diabetes last year and have never come across type 3, how times change!

So how does Type 3 work then? Is Insulin produced at all or is it just not recieved by the body like type two?
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Thankyou everyone for all your info,
I have now put together final info and i am going to print it off at college on monday. (free printing )

I hope my boss finds it useful too!!
Frances xxx
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 12:32 PM
My brother and two sisters have type 1 my sisters from 18months and three years and my brother from 9 years, my sisters were involved in research as children looking into the genetic links being two siblings with type 1 (was before my brother was diagnosed) I apparently still have a chance of developing it and believe they have now developed a test to tell you if you will develop type 1 so hope to have that when it becomes available. Must admit had never heard of type three! Is amazing how things and equipment have changed over the years though!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I've bookmarked the links, as I've just been classed as diabetic, too (Type 2, but no symptoms showing yet) - it was detected through blood tests alone. It appears that my eyes have been affected, but they haven't finished the tests yet - to me, there's nothing wrong with my eyes that a decade or two off my age wouldn't help!

Not a lot I can add, because the doctor is not 100% sure yet, and the local NHS programmed machine has not finished grinding me up yet!

Snorri
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3