View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 02:50 AM
I have very long naturally wavy hair and sometimes straighten it with an iron. I always wanted to try to chemically straighten it but was afraid of dryness and breakage. I too am curious to hear from those that have done it.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2005, 07:07 AM
I have GHD straighteners and they are the only ones that have worked with my hair. It can stay straight for 2 or 3 days now
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 03:26 PM
I would love curly hair my hair is poker straight.
Mary
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Mines got natural waves (sounds like the sea ) but I do prefer it straight and sleek...sexy methinks
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 03:35 PM
yeap love me GHD's am packing them for B.ham ...........so watch out girls
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
I have GHD straighteners and they are the only ones that have worked with my hair. It can stay straight for 2 or 3 days now
I think GHD's are the only ones to use, these new cheaper ones they have now are useless I think, but you get what you pay for don't you, and at the time I thought splashing out £100 for mine was outrageous, but I did it anyway
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2005, 07:38 PM
I have reasonably straight hair anyway but the straighteners make it so sleek (someone commented last time I spent time doing it that I had a charlies angels hair do )

It is really important to dry your thoroughly hair before starting and sectioning the hair off, to do wee bits at a time.

A protection spray is a very good idea. I have do admit I don't have one, but I think the best piece of advice I can give is to make sure you have conditioned your hair when you wash it, as it really makes all the difference.

I have an ordinary pair of straighteners (well two pairs actually - both presents) and my sister has GHD's. Both pairs of my straighteners, cheaper pairs, both do a fantastic job when I take the time to do my hait. I have to say the GHD's did make my hair look amazing. That may have also been down to the patience of my sister who straightened it when we went out for my birthday

I also don't straighten it every day, one I don't have the time or the patience but I also think that all that intense heat would damage my hair quite badly. Special occassions and when i'm going out only.

Sorry to go on

Hope it's a little helpful

Aileen x
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 07:41 PM
what are GHD straighteners ?
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Oh also forgot to say I know someone who has had their hair chemically straightened.

They had pretty bush hair and it does look good. I think it normally lasts about a year, although after a while you can see the roots getting a bit untamed and bushier

When I was younger I used to straighten my hair by blow drying. No longer have the patience and the arm muscles to do this

Aileen x
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 06:34 PM
I have quite straight hair anyway but still use my GHD straightners, there brill alot better than other ones i have had worth the money! they are very quick to heat up and work brill!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >