Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2006, 08:20 PM

The River Ouse (Lewes,East Sussex)

Today the family and I took ossie for a lovely long walk along the river ouse It runs from Ardingly reservoir in the north of the county down to Newhaven where it meets the sea.You can more or less walk the whole legnth of the river,but as its a long way,far better to pick your spot and walk that bit.We chose a section in Lewes (the county town of Sussex) It was a lovely afternoon just right for this time of year.We passed plenty of swans on the river and must have walked a good four miles on a flat but slightly muddy path.The river runs right through the Seven sisters country park,where you can see the lambs being fed and the sheep sheared in the right season.But it goes without saying while near the sheep keep your dog on lead.I know this is obvious to responsible dogwebbers,but you would be surprised how many people i have seen who let their dogs walk about off lead.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 08:23 PM
wow sounds like you all had a fantastic day sounds like a really lovely place to walk glad ossie enjoyed it and i totally agree with you keep your dogs on lead while passing life stock untill you are well out of sight good point to raise stamford
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks bl That is a really nice place to exercise the dog and yourselves.Ossie was fascinated by the swans,although on his lead was unable to get anywhere near them.He didn't seem to understand that if he didn't keep barking at them they may well stand still for him to look at. Honestly you should of seen him,barking excitedly and his little tail wagging so hard you would think his rear end was going to take off.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I might give that one a go!! Glad you had a great time, away from the previous nutters!! xx
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Go for it,you won't be disapointed,as you probably know the river is quite long and there are a few lovely stretches to walk.