Male 

11-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Occassionally.

Cold weather, Fireworks night, etc etc.
richwsmith
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Poppy won't get on the bed for some reason. Even though it's one of those really low sleigh style one's, she just stands rigid and won't lie down - no idea why!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes, but only if I'm not in it (not enough room and dogs do seem to have the knack of expanding themselves so as you're left squished up in the top corner in a ball with a tiny bit of duvet!!!). At night she sleeps next to my bed in her basket.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2009, 06:49 PM
No No No.
I wouldn't like the smell one thing I look forward to is going to bed in nice clean covers. Our two lurchers sleep down in the kitchen and the inuit sleeps on the landing in between my and the childrens rooms. He likes to keep a eye on everyone. This is their choice as they all have acsess to the whole house I let the them choose, I keep a duvet in a cupboard that I lay out at night on the carpet so they don't get dog smell on them.
The luchers have think foam waterproof bed that have duvets or vetbed on top that I wash evey two days. I hate the smell of dog when I open the front door.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Yes. In, on, round, whatever. TBH I appreciate the warmth on cold nights.
They don`t seem to mind the smell.
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Definately not...Never have and never will. My dogs are part of the pack, not part of the family and therefore the kitchen door is their limit. I dont share my whole house with the dogs, nevermind a bed.
Are your dogs working dogs or pets? I thought people had dogs for companionship but it sounds like you don't particularly like their company!
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2009, 07:33 PM
No! My dogs are too big to sleep in the bed and I wouldn't want them there anyway. They fidget and have nails and their hair is like needles and gets stuck in my feet, I wouldn't want it anywhere else.

They both have a bed in our room and are allowed on the bed for a cuddle at 6 a.m. Rossi knows the time and will whine if we're late inviting him up, but Enzo doesn't usually bother unless he's cold.

Before we got Rossi, Enzo used to sleep on the end of the bed, but he would wake up several times in the night getting up, turning around, shaking himself and throwing himself back down again! Enzo has quite a nice comforting snore and I like hearing him at night because I know he's happy, relaxed and well and when he's snoring and Rossi has groaned I know they're settled and I can go to sleep.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
No No No.
I wouldn't like the smell one thing I look forward to is going to bed in nice clean covers. Our two lurchers sleep down in the kitchen and the inuit sleeps on the landing in between my and the childrens rooms. He likes to keep a eye on everyone. This is their choice as they all have acsess to the whole house I let the them choose, I keep a duvet in a cupboard that I lay out at night on the carpet so they don't get dog smell on them.
The luchers have think foam waterproof bed that have duvets or vetbed on top that I wash evey two days. I hate the smell of dog when I open the front door.
Me too, as much as i love them they really are smelly and i was so happy when the estate agent came round and said he would never know dogs live here as there was no smell!
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Me too, as much as i love them they really are smelly and i was so happy when the estate agent came round and said he would never know dogs live here as there was no smell!
I love the smell of our hounds. Particularly their feet. It's so nice when you're snuggled up in bed and suddenly a Beagle stretches and stuffs it's foot under your nose. Heaven

I hate to tell you but our house does stink of Beagle - it must do. Even I smell it in the bedroom. But the Estate Agent said exactly the same thing to us. I'm sure they were lying.
henry06
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2009, 09:39 PM
No. My dog is quite happy in his own bed in the kitchen. He only ventures into two rooms in the house and does not go upstairs. He is a family pet and is lying on the settee very cosy now but I don't think a free run of the house is always best, especially when he comes in with muddy paws
Page 14 of 45 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »