Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 05:40 PM

Rescue Centre in Urgent need of donations and help

I've just been alerted that my local dog rescue centre Thornberry Animal Sanctuary (if you google it it'll come up) is having difficulties.

This is what has been written on the interface of their website:

AT THE PRESENT TIME WE ARE EXPERIENCING SERIOUS FINANCIAL PROBLEMS. WE HAVE ONLY ONE MONTH'S RUNNING MONEY LEFT.

SILVERTHORPE FARM IS BEING SOLD BUT THIS WILL ONLY EXTEND THORNBERRY'S LIFE-EXPECTANCY BY MONTHS. iT WILL BUY US PRECIOUS TIME TO RESTRUCTURE AND TRY TO REDUCE RUNNING COSTS BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE IF WE ARE TO SAVE THORNBERRY.

FOLLOWING THE SALE, THE ANIMALS AT THE FARM WILL CONTINUE TO BE CARED FOR ON THE SITE FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES UNDER A LEGALLY DRAWN UP AGREEMENT WITH THE BUYERS.

CONTRARY TO REPORTS THAT HAVE APPEARED IN THE LOCAL PRESS AND ON TV:

1) NO ANIMAL WILL BE PUT TO SLEEP! THORNBERRY IS HERE FOR THE ANIMALS AND THEY WILL ALWAYS BE OUR PRIORITY.

2) THORNBERRY WILL REMAIN UNDER THE SAME MANAGEMENT.

WE WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO HAVE GIVEN SO GENEROUSLY FOLLOWING OUR APPEAL.
Silverthorpe Farm is their Farm yard animals housing.

Not sure if anyone on here could help but it is worth putting it out there - I didn't know as I was going to visit them last week but had a family emergency so missed the chance to go.

If anyone can help in any way - there should be a contact number on the website - all you have to do is google Thornberry Animal Sanctuary.

Thanks for reading.