Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2011, 05:42 PM

Educating Essex

Anyone watched it? I have found it totally eye opening; and I have to say I am totally in awe of the teachers.....I was at school and the majority of the pupils sat listened to the teacher - whereas now it appears the minority of pupils sit and listen.

I wonder if the attention span of youngsters has deteriorated due to the use of mobile phones constant texting and messaging. As well as the use of computers – games etc.

Do you think the art of listening has gone into hibernation? Are “our” brains now in constant overdrive? I mean do you ever see a teenager without a phone in hand or within reach?

But power to the teachers this programme showed how hard it is to even get them to sit down before they can engage them let alone teach them.