View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Just thought people might like to know that The Dogs Trust issued a statement to John Lewis today, and John Lewis have since released a press statement.

They will be showing a shortened version of their advert from this weekend onwards.......
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't see what all the fuss is about either, it's only an advert. In real life I would be annoyed because the kennel is rubbish and isn't a suitable shelter, but I have no problem with dogs living outside in kennels provided the housing is suitable, ie sufficient space, insulation, heat lamps etc. People do get rather dramatic about dogs living outdoors. Our new dog will be living outside in a kennel, and Dan will hopefully be joining the pup. A heated house can be uncomfortable for some breeds.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:41 PM
This is the statement released today by John Lewis regarding their new Xmas advert. They had received a lot of e mails and the dogs trust had also released a statement concerned about the campaign.

We have taken into account all comments from people who have viewed our Christmas TV advert. The theme focuses on the tradition of buying, hiding and wrapping presents for loved ones. We've received lots of positive comments, but we are aware that a small number of people don't like the final scene of the advert. Our intention was to portray a poignant moment where the little boy shows affection for his dog by putting a stocking on his kennel. We purposely show a lovingly decorated kennel and the breed of dog was specifically chosen as one that is used to being outside some of the time. Rannoch is a well loved pet and his owner is very happy with how he is portrayed. We also had a dog handler present at the shoot (approved by the animal consultants and trainers association), and our advert was approved by an independent body, who ensure that no scenes are shown that encourage the mistreatment of animals. We are genuinely sorry if this scene has caused any concern. This weekend we will be launching shorter versions of our advert which will have a different ending.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I saw nothing wrong with the original it's an advert nothing more so I guess they don't want to affect their sales in the run up to Christmas, so the pc brigade win again. Jeez
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I saw nothing wrong with the original it's an advert nothing more so I guess they don't want to affect their sales in the run up to Christmas, so the pc brigade win again. Jeez
innit
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I dont understand what on earth was wrong with the advert. i thought it was sweet that the little boy gave his dog a stocking. The kennel was decorated with lights so it didnt look as though the dog was ignored!
Seems just like do-gooders wanting something to moan about IMO!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Well The Dogs Trust saw fit to issue a statement so at least the do gooders were in good company Kate!
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I am dissapointed with John Lewis for giving into a minority of very silly and childish complainers who really need common sense and perspective,
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Was always just an advert to me, but am VERY impressed with JLs compassion and quick reaction to this.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I have no sympathy for John Lewis after what they've done to my parents Ended up having to sell the house, won't bore you but basically they aren't very good with there suppliers etc etc .
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »