Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TalentedMrRiply
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Little Scare BIG FRIGHT

Hi All

Yesterday afternoon I had a little scare and it's been a terrible 24 hours. I found a lump under Ripley my Rotties jaw.

I booked him straight into the vets. Knowing what a nightmare it would be as he does not like Vets at all, I was very concerned, especially with the lump being right next to his teeth.

The vet spent about 20 minutes with him before she was able to even have a feel. Then I got the bad news that it needed to be aspirated to find out more.

Anyway he was booked in for this morning with the view to him having a sedative to hopefully stop him eating the vet while having the biopsy. We arrived at the vets and went thru the 20 minute gaining trust experience again and then he had his sedative. I then left to go home and panic for a few hours.

The phone rang and it was the Vet. Ripley had refused to let her near him with a needle so she had knocked him out to do what was needed. Anyway while he was out, I had her remove the lump which is benign thankfully and clean his teeth and do his nails.

Now for the BIG FRIGHT, the Vet called me to say everything is fine and he awake though a little drowsy and I can come and get him. She then gave me the bill and it's a whooping £420 which I find incredibly scary especially as i don't have insurance.

Anyway, my boy is OK which is the main thing and I will be spending the night n the sofa so if he needs me I'll be here.

Thanks for listening
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I know those frights........swop you for reah who has in eight years cost over £5,000.00 and thats not including Boosters and wormers. Just her legs.

We often think we're in the wrong job
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Glad he is ok, jess my newfoundland has incurred nearly £8,000 in vets bills in the last year. Thank god for insurance....might be worth considering it. Not sure what type of dog you have, but worth a thought.
TalentedMrRiply
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Glad he is ok, jess my newfoundland has incurred nearly £8,000 in vets bills in the last year. Thank god for insurance....might be worth considering it. Not sure what type of dog you have, but worth a thought.

I think my original post covers what breed Ripley the Rottie might be
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by TalentedMrRiply View Post
I think my original post covers what breed Ripley the Rottie might be
OK, unfortunately i don't have time to check everyones posts out before i reply,

slaps wrist.........will try harder next time.

Shame you don't have it on your profile for us to read as that is where i always look.

Anyway glad your rottie is ok now.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Know those frights reckon my boy knows the days of the week as he always has a major problem on Saturday evening or Sunday morning so I have to pay emergency out of hours bills. Done it twice this year so far, each bill about £200 before I get to me vet . No insurance as he was 11 when I had him.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Fantastic result, glad he's ok. Sorry about the bill though.

Heidi
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Thank goodness he is okay and it was benign, that must have been a relief for you.

Heavens, that bill seems steep!