Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

09-05-2006, 09:55 PM

Do your dogs follow you everywhere?

Just wondering cos Rocky follows me everywhere and even if he can't, he get as close as possible (like bottom of the stairs).

Is Rocky mad? Or are all of your dogs just as bonkers? :smt101
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2006, 10:00 PM
LOL yes Miss Poppy follows me everywhere! can't even go to the loo on my own.. she follows and wants to sit on my lap!
Rachel
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 10:07 PM
where ever i am you can always guarantee the boys will be behind me whether its the toilet bathroom they have to be there if im making a cuppa and there in bed they only have to hear me move and they are up watching me
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
maiden follows me every where but the other two follow my o\h like if shes in the shower there out side the door if she gos to bed there under it lol and if she sits down there under her legs
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Yep, Meg pretty much follows me everywhere. She won't even eat her food unless I stand right next to her. Even if she's in the middle of eating and I move away she'll leave her food to come and gaze at me! The only exceptions are if she's tired and I stay up too late for her liking. She'll stand at the bottom of the stairs and look mournful for a while then go up on her own and put herself to bed. Even when I'm in the shower she's usually curled up on my dressing gown on the floor by the bath.

I know there's no danger of her ever running away because the worst punishment I can give her is to send her out of my presence.
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2006, 10:19 PM
I know what you mean. I have two boys who love to play hide and seek! Because we live in a bungalow, I don't get very far hiding! They're at my heels at every opportunity (bless)! Don't you just love em?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Yes Benji follows me everywhere - if I go upstairs - he goes upstairs, think he is scared of missing out on something
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Yes.. Everywhere.. I get up, she gets up.. I got to the loo, she sits outside.. And so on
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-05-2006, 11:34 PM
No, mine don't I have always discouraged following in the house. If dogs are too reliant on human company it can cause anxiety when they need to be left alone. Obviously this does not apply to all dogs in all situations, but it is something to be aware of
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 11:37 PM
I try and discourage it.. I will close the door behind me if I leave the room etc.. but I usually don't even notice!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »