register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Grand National?
I think it should stay but changes need to be made 70 56.45%
I think it should stay with no changes 8 6.45%
I bet on it 16 12.90%
I don't bet on it 29 23.39%
I don't care one way or the other. 1 0.81%
I think it should be abolished 43 34.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Name me one charity that condone this? I'm starting to think you don't know anything about service dogs at all if you think this.

I work in this area and can assure you that animal welfare is of equal priority to the service user.
Guide dogs. They rehome "used" guide dogs when they cant serve any more.

Some "assistance" dogs too.

You had better speak to Ramble, she agreed, but perhaps you were back to your usual tactics and havent read the threads again! (you comment on that one too)
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:46 PM
What are you talking about???
Probably a post ages ago! Sorry, I replied, but by then, it had moved on
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:50 PM
How have we managed to get sidetracked from horses dying to guide dogs being rehomed?

I don't like either but one seems SO much worse than the other to me that they really aren't comparable.

rune
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why is ok to use service dogs Azz? Why is it ok for use to make them fetch, carry persistently all day and night, every single day of their lives? Then, when they cant do it anymore, they are got rid of. Why is that ok for you, because they live in a house?

There isnt any intentional abuse in Horse racing, I doubt the planet you speak of has any other animal on it treated better than they are. Its a risk, not a guarantee, not a certainty by any means.
Service dogs do a noble deed. They can make all the difference, sometimes between life and death, for some people.

Again, don't see why this isn't obvious - and why you are even comparing the two. Seems a bit like you're clutching at straws Dawn - nothing you have said has justified the using and abusing of horses or dogs that are 'raced', for entertainment or more importantly, to line some despicable person's pockets.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
How have we managed to get sidetracked from horses dying to guide dogs being rehomed?

I don't like either but one seems SO much worse than the other to me that they really aren't comparable.

rune
Apparently there is no difference between a horse and a house pet, people were discussing those differences.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Service dogs do a noble deed. They can make all the difference, sometimes between life and death, for some people.

Again, don't see why this isn't obvious - and why you are even comparing the two. Seems a bit like you're clutching at straws Dawn - nothing you have said has justified the using and abusing of horses or dogs that are 'raced', for entertainment or more importantly, to line some despicable person's pockets.
So are you saying that EVERY single person who made a bet and won some money on the GN or a dog race is despicable??
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Oh I see, they are "noble" in their use, come on Azz.

Im not clutching at anything, I love racing it doesnt matter what you or anyone else says to me, I love it and thats it. I accept the risks involved and Im satisfied that the horses receive every care they require at all times.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Why is racing worth the risk to a horses life?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-04-2011, 08:00 PM
KW, you're about as popular as a brussell sprout on here.

Fair comment, no worries. 2875 rep points.
I think we both have a similar degree of unpopularity. Albeit, unlike yourself, im not known for any personal fueds with individual members, im just known as a pain in the ass for calling out irrational, unnecessary, harsh, rude or unjust behavior from one to another, regardless of whom gives and whom receives.
Hence my commenting on the way you spoke to ramble.

You and I never have any interaction until someone has a go at me and then you have a little pop yourself.

Its not the first time, its possible you missed it?
As it was deleted along with your post.
But i had commented on you for sticking the knife into 'westie n' after she apologised on another thread. I would have commented on your bullying thread as well, as it wasnt really about bullying.
But it got locked due to that very reason before I had the chance.
Hence the pot kettle and black comment on this occasion, as regards the way you spoke to ramble.

Grow a pair dude.

Hollywood cliche aside, last 2 paragraphs indicates i got some Pain in the ass i might be (the large pair does chafe), but i am consistent and objective when im motivated, cant get much braver than that
I hate the Grand National as it functions.
I would like to see it continue reformed.
I also like people to feel good about themselves after i disagree with them, with the possible exception of when im complaining about how they have made someone else feel bad about themselves when they disagreed with them.
Irony, yes.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh I see, they are "noble" in their use, come on Azz.

Im not clutching at anything, I love racing it doesnt matter what you or anyone else says to me, I love it and thats it. I accept the risks involved and Im satisfied that the horses receive every care they require at all times.
I say again
Why is it acceptable for horses to die for something you enjoy but you were so against the agility at crufts where some dogs possibly slipped on the floor - and didnt die or hurt themselves

they were also not forced round with a whip
Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »