Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2022, 09:01 AM

Windy Wednesday 11th May 2022

Morning all. Windy here but sun is trying to come out. Kelly I weigh the same as you then? But I bet you carry it better than me as I am sure you must be taller? Everyone is taller than me. lol!! Well done keep at it, I am trying to but not easy when Margaret comes over on Wednesdays and we indulge. bg!! Have a good day all. Oh yes how is the horse riding going Sue?
And Chris how is your little one?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2022, 11:12 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Well dne on the weight Kelly\

Horse riding seems to be going well and she is enjoying it

Windy here toot not cold. `Early out for me today on the usual morning school run. Ben took the eldest early as her year is having breakfast at school for the next two weeks because of SATS. I went in at the normal time with the younger one. Back again this afternoon, gymnastic run and then home to cook them all a meal.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Afternoon everyone at last.
Sorry for absence we were very busy getting ready to go to Madrid on the 28th.
Wow we had an amazing time and were so spoilt. A visit to the Prado museum housing many famous old paintings, one of them Las Meninas Maca brought me a brooch for my 60th of the figure and so they arranged a visit for us to see the actual painting.
An evening with Maca's parents to the Flamenco which Maca and her mum are now learning.
Wow amazing. We walked most of Madrid and ate out a lot.
Charlie is a wonderful little boy who came nearly everywhere with us. We rode the metro also and visited Retiro park a huge park in the middle of Madrid.
Also Real Madrid won the league and on the Saturday evening were celebrating so we walked through that all well organised and no bad behaviour in Madrid so many Police on the side lines, plus they hose down the streets in the evening and we can say we never saw any litter, then we went up onto a famous restaurant that has the most wonderful roof terrace and you can see the whole of Madrid from up there. That was organised by Maca's brothers wife.
They have amazing sun loungers up there to sip your drinks.
Then it was onto the Flamenco from there.
WE met bioh Maca's brothers at Tapas restaurants on different evenings,and on the Sunday we went to Maca's parents apartment for lunch.
Again wow there apartment is beautiful two terraces and so big inside.
Weather was lovely Saturday a little warm as it was in the 30's but other than that chilly for Madrid but just right for us.
I flew fine after taking mt tablets but have come home with a nasty cough and cold today is the first day I have felt human again.
Thank goodness it waited till we got home. Tested myself twice for covid and am covid free so a nasty bug.

I will slowly catch up but do hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.

Thank you Kelly for checking in.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2022, 04:45 PM
Lol...Brenda, I am only little...5ft 4 1/2 but wear massive wedges and heels so I look around 5'7" - 5'8" I used to be 8 1/2 stone
Sue, pleased your granddaughter is enjoying the horse riding.oh gosh,sats.... remember that well, no idea why they put kids through it.
Lynn, sounds like you had an amazing time and lovely you got to meet macas family. Lol...course I would check on you! Hope you are feeling better soon
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2022, 10:48 PM
Good evening all

Absolutely threw it down all morning so we parked as near to the cafe as we could get. This afternoon the sun came out and it was gorgeous so we went back to town for Rosie to have a proper walk and, of course, we just had to pop into McDonald's. Goodness knows why because their food leaves a lot to be desired.

Think the extra bit of walking hasn't done Rosie much good. She was limping when we got back this afternoon so it's a rest day for her tomorrow and she can play princess on the scooter

I'm 5'2 and a half. So a titch. I used to weigh 7 stone for years, but, alas, come the forties and it piles on. Come the 50's and it piles on some more. Come the 60's more still. Thank heavens I've another year and a bit before I hit 70

Lynn, your trip sounds amazing. So glad you enjoyed it.

Horses and kids. Lovely combinations. Glad your granddaughter is enjoying it Suee.