View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2005, 08:21 PM
I would love to go running but I can't! And I mean I physically just can't manage it. I run 50 yards and have to sit down for a rest feeling like I'm having a heart attack.

I can run for ages on a running machine but as soon as I try the real thing it all goes t*ts up!

Never mind, don't think I'll lose any sleep over it TBH!
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-12-2005, 10:34 PM
I do Thai Boxing once or twice a week, i do squats, crunches and press ups everyday, i try and do 30 mins of shadow boxing a day and i cycle 5-7 miles a day with Abby. I am joining the gym in Jan as Bronwyn starts full time school I wont have to worry about paying for child care.
I havent lost any weight but I have definately lost inches and my baby belly is nearly gone, if I keep going at this rate I will be able to wear low cut jeans and crop tops next summer. Only down side is i cant wear skirts or sandels without lots of concealer as my legs and feet are covered in bruises from kicking and being kicked.
Mary
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2005, 11:36 PM
The only exercise I get is just what comes up in normal life: dog walking, walking to work and carrying shopping home etc. I do seem to do quite a lot of walking though and I do feel good for it (and hopefully look good for it too!). I've noticed it makes my skin look much healthier when I get out in the fresh air as well.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 11:28 AM
I joined a gym ages ago and to be honest couldnt find the time to go often in between walking my dogs and general housework running about, I do do a lot of walking with my dogs, plus I take each of them out each day with my bike, but as I suffer with arthritis in my joints, any sort of "pounding" excerise ie running, really is painful Luz, is yoga any good for loosening up really stiff joints? I have often thought of taking it up, but didnt think I could manage it?

Mo
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2005, 04:39 PM
I dont do any excercise cause what with doggie walking and busting a gut at work-im too shattered to do anything else!

I did used to do a lot of biking and weight training,but seldom have the time now.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I love exercise and do feel much better for it. My exercise always revolves around the dogs though - mainly walking - loads of hills/mountains round here, and run three times a week with dogs in tow. I have promised myself a mountain bike in Spring and intend to take the dogs out when I am cycling, will just have to train them not to knock me off
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
I walk the dogs about 2miles a day and also jog 5times a week recently since its winter i run 40mins in the evening which seems to be ok im very restless even had the flu and ran everyday lol when i was younger i was a bit overweight and then lost 9kg in 4months havnt wanted 2go back since! i wud recommend jogging for every1 u'd feel the change after about a week it makes u so full of energy!
Gail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I go running every other day. I ran my first marathon last year and I can honestly say it's my biggest personal achievment to date.
I get really grumpy if I don't run regularly, I'm hoping to train Bobby to come with me too, he'd love it!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Ercercise? Hmmmm
Other than walking my poochlet, I walk 20 mins to my office in the morning (I get dropped of in the car though) and then about mile and half at night to get back to my car at OH's work. I wreckon I walk about 2 and half miles a day. Other than that, I used to do a lot of kick boxing years ago but my knees gave way
Yes, I am unfit and love nothing more than sitting on my pc and talking to you lot Minky - the ultimate PC Potato
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Stephanie
Yep, I do a pilates class once a week and also practise it at home myself a few times a week - I couldn't live without my pilates
Ive been told its good for flattening your stomach, would you say so
Was thinking about joining a class
Mitch
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >