Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2005, 10:39 PM

A Question for those of you with dogs and cats

Right i was just curious to those of you whom own both dogs and cats, who rules the roost?
In our house the the cats are pretty bossy and keep wee Florrie and the rest of the pets, and people to some extent , in line. Our cats are, pretty cocky and can often get a tad to into their strides, and start to boss ALL whom dwell in 'their domain'. Until, that is, all who dwell within our house whether they be animal or human are given a firm grasp on reality by the Queen of Darkness herself, Polly. There is no doubt whatsoever that Polly is boss, all the other pets fear her and when they hear the grunting noise she makes when she waddles around they usually tend to stop what they are doing and give her the 'We respect you oh mighty one' look, until she has gone past.

So i ask in your house who rules the roost, the cats or the dogs?
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2005, 10:54 PM
To quote a film we recently watched CATS RULE DOGS DROOL!!

Definatley the cat
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 11:40 PM
deffinately the cats in my house especially china she wont stand for no noncense from the boys but they all get on great
frenchie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2005, 07:14 AM
When our cats were still around (I had to put my darling little Jessie to sleep in April when she was 14) it was FOR SURE the cats that ruled! Our 2 Cornish Rex cats were 13 and 14 when they died, so they were around for a couple of our dogs. Our Rotti was terrified of our little Jess as she put him in his place from day 1. When we got our Frenchie, Jess also laid down the law from day 1, and she would walk up to Phoebe, lay her paw on the top of Phoebes head with her nose in the air. Phoebe quickly got the message. She would also come up to Phoebe full of false pretense and she would start to *groom* Phoebe, then after a few licks would give a tiny little nip, just to let her know that she was still the queen.
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Peggy Sue definately rules. She pretended to be scared of Khera and then one day marched in and totally took over. All she has to do is hold a paw up and Khera goes down.....she also trys to rule me.....obviously i am the actual boss. hehehe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
definately the cat the dogs let him be the boss though we had him for about 8 months before we got a dog and the first thing he does when he meets the puppies is smack them round the face then bite them doesn't matter how big they get he still does it
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2005, 12:59 PM
It's Bob now but when he was a pup Kitty Kat used to hide and ambush him
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Cat, definately
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 01:19 PM
We only have a dog at the mo,but when i was a kid we had a cat called butch,a big black and white one,we had him for about 3 years and my dad turned up one saturday afternoon with a dog(heinz 57)apparently was a stray so my dad brought him home.I will always remember him saying where's the cat,i said i put him out this morning,ok he said i will take him through the garage,as soon as he opened the door a paw shot out and scratched the poor dog right on his nose,so you can guess the rest the cat was always the gaffer,right up till the day he died.
Sal
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2005, 01:36 PM
cats as big as tob is he doesn't mess with tasha.....lol
he cleans her ears for her untill shes had enough.
holly is still learning not to mess its a battle of wills between the girls.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >