Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:01 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

An exciting day for me with friends popping over that I haven't seen for a whole year, and although I keep in contact over the phone, it'll be nice to see them and have a good catch up and a good laugh, with a glass of g & t along with a slap up lunch. Hopefully, the weather will change as the day goes on, cos it's certainly not like a summer's day down here today.

Lynn, I do hope Gorden hears something today about that job he went for, still got everything crossed for him. Hope that hospital gets its act together too for sorting out where you mum can go safely from there. Hopefully, the home will be able to take her back, as I'm sure she's quite happy there and they don't like change do they.

Linda, Hope Loki is still doing ok today and that you got a good night's sleep.

Jen, I hope your son is feeling a lot better than he was, so that you don't have to worry quite as much.

Jenny, maybe you can get on with all those things you couldn't do yesterday, and enjoy a nice walk with those boys.

Bev, hope Charly is less tired today and is more confident about those exams.

Sally, sorry you've got problems again with the Jimster and his legs, but hopefully, it's just something he's strained a bit and not those dreaded paws again.

Think that's all covered from what I can remember, but apologies for anyone I've missed and I hope the rest of you and the doglets are just fine.

The vet has decided to reduce Zena's medication for 2 months to 1/2 a tablet a day, so hopefully, she will continue to do well, but if not, then I suppose it means she will have to stay on them for life, but they don't seem to have adversely affected her, quite the opposite in fact, and I trust him when he tells me it's very safe, and afterall, it's quality of life that is important.

Better get those skates on then and get Zena out cos they plan on getting here around 10 they said which doesn't leave me much time if I sit on here too long.

Enjoy your day everyone and if I haven't had too much wine and can type (remember Christmas???!!! ) I will be back around tea-time as I think they're going at 5 ish.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Helena. Have a lovely day with your girl friends I think its just what you need to lift those spirits. Note I said lift not drink. too many anyway.

Thank you for the well wishes for Gorden lets hope this Head teacher feels they can work with him because then hopefully he has a job for a year at least.
I am also hoping for news on mum today and where she will go but I feel this may be a bit long winded if it is down to the three organisations to sort out.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - Have a fantastic day with your friends and I'm hoping to hear this evening that you have jaw ache from laughing .... which is such good therapy

To everyone else, I do hope that any poorly members, relatives and dogs improve today and are settled and comfy.

Everything crossed that Gorden hears good news regarding that job.

A boring but busy 'catch-up' day for me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Thanks jenny.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning all,

Gorgeous morning here.

Helena, I hope you have fun with your friends.

Work today, the joys of third year maths for me. Yuck. Never mind.

When I get home, I'm ensconsing myself in my room and getting my exam assignment done. I need to do it. Need a bath too, so that's my evening planned.

Have a lovely day all.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Good morning Helena ,Lynn ,Jenny g and all who follow
Bright sunny morning here
Hope you enjoy your girlie catch up and lunch just the thing to banish those blues
Lynn wishing Gorden the best of luck today
Jenny g
Hope your days not to boring,you just never know something exciting may turn up out of the blue
You know who arrived back yesterday at 8 45 was hoping I'd have gone to work ,surprise ,surprise was in excellent mood
He's got some work to do on his motor ,that'll keep thimble out of my hair today
Dog walk n work for me ,and cleaning up after you know who
Wishing all poorly peeps and doglets get better soon ,all those stressed feel less stressed
Have a great day
Take care stay safe
Humongous hugs to all that need them xxxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2013, 06:52 AM

Have a wonderful time with your friends today Nechda - and yes, I do remember your "typing" at Christmas!

Lynn - everything is crossed for Gorden regarding the job, and I hope that "they" can sort out where your Mum goes from here.

Da Booga only got me up once but then I could not get back to sleep because I had the bad ouchies and really did not want to take any anti-ouchy pills. I figured that if I could hold off from taking any until the morning...

I am hoping to catch my neighbour sometime today because she promised to get the yards sprayed against the weeds a few weeks back and it is now ridiculous. The ground covering stuff looks nice and green but it has spread all over my ramp/path and difficult to see the edges - all I need is for someone to slip on it and hurt themselves, especially as it is my insurance that would have to pay out in the case of a claim, not hers.

Oh well, the sun is shining and it is quite pleasant at the moment, although if it is anything like yesterday I will need the a/c on later.

Hope all poorlies are less poorly today - to all who either snuck in while I was typing or who will follow.

Have a good day everyone!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Helena
I hope you forget all recent stuff that's been troubling your mind and ENJOY your day with your pals and hope you might find it 'blows away the cobwebs' a bit and things won't look quite so worrying after all.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you for the well wishes for Gorden lets hope this Head teacher feels they can work with him because then hopefully he has a job for a year at least.
I am also hoping for news on mum today and where she will go but I feel this may be a bit long winded if it is down to the three organisations to sort out.
Everything still crossed for Gorden - gawd this 'waiting to hear' stuff is the worst isn't it? I reckon it shortens your life expectancy with the strain of it all.

I understand your reservations about the plans for your mum if more than one dept has to be involved - let's hope the right hand is vaguely aware of the left hand where that's concerned

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
A boring but busy 'catch-up' day for me.
All I can say is I hope you are too busy to get bored!

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,
Gorgeous morning here.
Work today, the joys of third year maths for me. Yuck. Never mind.
When I get home, I'm ensconsing myself in my room and getting my exam assignment done. I need to do it. Need a bath too, so that's my evening planned.
Have a lovely day all.
Hi Lore - my eldest son says he did his chemistry degree in the BATH! Good luck to you girl. I don't think you need the luck you seem to be working hard enough to succeed.

My day - well they are fitting aircon into the spare bedroom today. I've got THREE young men in the flat deafening me with their hydraulic equipment - gawd I cleared the floor but they still need more room - burners, gas tanks, ladders, toolboxes - not to mention the huge units they are in and out all the time and the cherry picker crane has just arrived to fit the brackets on the outside wall (Bella was in barking running mad heaven for a short time but now has just given up and is guarding a chew bone on the sofa). She doesn't even care that the front door is open and people are walking in and out past her and there is a strange bloke on a metal monster from the sky outside the windows! She's such a smart dog really - not going to waste her energy on stuff she realises she can't do anything about or where she is OUTNUMBERED by the invaders! Oh she does look fed up - head between her front paws, ears back, sat on her favourite blanket guarding her chew!

I need to get Satellite Steve in as well as my telly is still playing up and no sat signal and now Sabby's telly is on the blink too. But I don't think I want two home invasions in one week so that can wait for now.

It started out damp hot and foggy misty today. Got back from the walk drenched and limp. Whipped everything off and then had to whip it back on coz aircon guys arrived!

Just about to take some headache pills for breakfast and then I think I might do a bit of boring work while they are here.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Good morning all,

Helena enjoy your day with your friends I hope you have enough laughs today to last you forever when you remember them.

Lynn I do hope you hear some good news for Gordon and you today, fingers crossed.

Lore Get that studying done.

Jenny Have a good day doing whatever you have to but enjoy whatever you do.

Malka S*ds law when Pereg is good then you yourself are not! Hope you have a good day and your neighbour does your weeding for you.

Norma et al I may have missed and those yet to come. Have a good day everyone.

I am off to the hospital in a little while for my Renal Clinic appointment for my CKD3. That what diabetes has done.
My back is still a little better today and hopefully Steve's will be now he has been to the osteopath again but it looks as though he is going to have to take time off work to let it heal.

Right, must away catch up with you all later. Bye for now.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning H and everyone,

I have to go to the mobile breast screening unit for a dreaded mammogram this morning. I hate those things and the years between them seem to fly by. It doesn't seem that long since my last one. So roll on this afternoon when it will be over.

H, I know you are going to have a fantastic day with your friends and it will do you the power of good, just the tonic you need now.

Lynn I have everything crossed for Gordon today and hope at last you get some good news and your fortunes start to change. I also hope you get some news as to what is happening with your mum.

Hope everyone else has a good day and all doglets are well.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »