View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2013, 08:28 PM
I had a dog that suddenly showed all the symptoms as you dog. Also se was unable to walk without severe pain. I took her to my vet and he diagnosed severe arthritis. He told me to go to the drug store and buy a bottle of ECOTRIN. Said it was so good for dog arthritis that it should have been created for dogs instead of people. I followed his advice and by the third dose my dog was her usual self. I only gave it to her when I noticed she was starting to have problems and she did well for the rest of her life.
JDepps
New Member!
Male 

21-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad you got to the vet, but like you, I cannot understand that arthritis would show itself like this and so suddenly too. Here in the UK we have the PDSA for people with little or no money, do you have an equivalent over there I wonder?

If you haven't opened the worming treatment, I'd be inclined to take that back and get your money refunded, it's not imperative (or is it?) at this moment in time, so you could do with that money back to help you with the rest.

See how your little dog goes on the current medication he's given you, and if he improves tremendously, then I feel, there's no need for any more bloodwork, it was probably a strain and hopefully, he'll be fine from then on.

As for the teeth cleaning, that's not imperative either is it? I think this particular vet is trying to bleed you dry isn't he! Have you explained to him that you have no insurance, and very little funds, and he should back off a tad!

Good luck with your boy, and how is he today after some medication then. Did he give him a jab to help with the pain?
I haven't opened the worming treatment. In fact I returned it and it will be taken off my bill. As for the teeth if it was just a general cleaning I would hold off but his teeth are actually pretty bad. I didn't realize it until she showed me. He actually seems to be doing better. He was given a shot of some type of pain/inflammation med which seemed to help a lot. He's still in pain but appears to be moving around better.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3