View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Well the lump has obviously been oozing some sort of gunk in the night as his chin was all matted and crusty this morning. When I touched him my hand was all wet with some clearish fluid but there is no smell at all. The lump itself is the same size but the skin is now very angry and red and looks so much worse than before. It's still not bothering him as it took ages to clean it up, the gunk was very well attached and didn't want to leave but for now he's back to his clean self. The Pugs are bloody obsessed with it though and won't leave him alone. He's busy playing headbutt the kong so you'd never know anything was up at all. I just hope the Ab's kick in soon and there's some noticeable improvement because it now looks thoroughly disgusting.
Meg
Supervisor

06-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi Trouble Amy had a problem with a saliva gland but not the same one as Diesel. It was on her cheek below her eye.

I hope Diesel is better soon...
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Hope it all clears up soon. Sounds like a "fun" trip to the vet. Poor Diesel.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

07-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Hmmm well the lump is still there, just as large and just as solid as ever. It's really dark red now well a deep shade of burgundy tbh and is weeping both a clear fluid and blood through the pores. It's still not bothering him but I can't see it disappearing by the time we go back to the vets tomorrow.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

08-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Just back from the vets and the lump is now about half the size it was originally and is much softer. The skin is very red and angry looking and it's quite scabby where it keeps oozing. He isn't bothering at all, no scratching or anything. The vet is very happy with it though and did another fine needle aspiration with the same result, me covered in blood again but this time he said it just feels like swollen tissue with very little fluid remaining in there. He's pretty certain it should have gone completely by the time he finishes his antibiotics. So all's well that ends well so to speak. Today's visit was free cos apparently I've spent an arm and a leg in there lately what with Rio and now Diesel.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Just back from the vets and the lump is now about half the size it was originally and is much softer. The skin is very red and angry looking and it's quite scabby where it keeps oozing. He isn't bothering at all, no scratching or anything. The vet is very happy with it though and did another fine needle aspiration with the same result, me covered in blood again but this time he said it just feels like swollen tissue with very little fluid remaining in there. He's pretty certain it should have gone completely by the time he finishes his antibiotics. So all's well that ends well so to speak. Today's visit was free cos apparently I've spent an arm and a leg in there lately what with Rio and now Diesel.
Wow a free vet visit that vet deserves a pat on the back
So glad its good news x x
Meg
Supervisor

08-02-2013, 07:18 PM
That's a good result Trouble
Amy continued to have a problem with her saliva gland swelling until she died. I managed it myself by expressing the content (through a hole in the inside of her mouth)
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

08-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
That's a good result Trouble
Amy continued to have a problem with her saliva gland swelling until she died. I managed it myself by expressing the content (through a hole in the inside of her mouth)
That's a worry as he's only 6. It's basically cleared up by emptying through enlarging the hole from the fine needle aspiration as there's no natural drainage point on his throat.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
That is a good update and nice that you weren't charged this time.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2