Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Poor Cassie

Hope she recovers quickly from this
Annie18
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Love and hugs to you Helena and Cassie (not forgetting Georgie either who is undoubtedly missing his pal). I think Cassie is in the right place at the moment too and I hope she'll soon be feeling loads better so she can come home again and you can enjoy spoiling her some more!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Thankyou Carole and Annie18, Georgie has now been to his vets twice today without leaving the car, so he thinks I maybe forgot to take him in each time with me! Lol! He's gone very quiet too, so I will have to go make a fuss of him now, as he doesn't know what's going on - nor do I though at this moment in time.
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Hope everything works out ok, take care.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2005, 08:34 PM
My dog Barney had really bad runs and every time we finished the antibiotics it came back again. In the end I had to take a poo sample to the vets. It turned out to be a very bad bowel infection which did clear up with a very strong dose of antibiotics. I hope Cassie gets better soon.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Big hugs for cassie xxxx Hope she makes a speedy recovery! (((HUGS)))
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Poor you Helena

Big hugs for you and cassie, and please let us know how she gets on
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Hope all is well and improving,she is in the right place.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Oh Helen I'm so sorry to hear that Cassie isn't any better, I really thought she would be fine by now I bet you are out of your head with worry. Sorry I haven't posted earlier but we had to take 4 year old to a party and didn't get back whilst about 7.30 so I have only just seen your thread.

Poor Cassie being in the vets all night and poor you having to deal with all that blood, I can imagine how bad you are feeling right now - there is nothing worse than your dog being ill Give Georgie a big kiss and cuddle from me and take some rescue remedy (or a stiff drink!!) or something to calm you down a bit. I will be thinking about you and have all fingers and paws and everything crossed for Cassie. Let us know how the poor little girl is going on when you find out, I'm sure everything will be fine Helen.

Take Care,

Janet xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks everyone for your wonderful support, it really does make me feel a bit better to read your posts. I am waiting for the vet to ring me now to see how she is this morning. Whilst I was sitting in the waiting room with her yesterday I was watching a video on their screen about worms, and I am beginning to think she may have hookworms, as her back feet started to lose their hair, her coat is not so shiny this Spring it's rather dull and dry, and I have just done a search on hookworms and these are the symptoms along with passing blood from the intestines! I am definitely going to ask my vet to do a test this morning on this one, even if he dissaproves of my diagnosis! I haven't been worming every 3/4 months only every year as I was told by another vet last year that she didn't have worms - silly old me.

On top of all this I have a hospital appt. at 11 which I have been waiting for 3 months for, so I'm not going to miss that, I will just have to pull myself together a bit.

Georgie is very very quiet this morning, and I sooo missed Cassie's mad antics when I got up this morning, our house is just not the same without her, but it's a good job I've got George to cuddle up to at the moment.

I will let you know when I hear from the vet, please keep everything x'd for us as I know you will. Thank you all so much.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >