Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2008, 04:51 PM

Yorkie Having Sexy Dreams..

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I couldn't decide which was best so have placed it here.
A friend of ours has a two year old Male Yorkie and it has been having "sexy" dreams for the last couple of weeks during the night...he sleeps on her bed and she is woken up by him standing on the bed with his wotsit fully out leaking love juice, his whole body arched, looking like he doesn't know what to do with it and walking around like John Wayne just got off his horse....anyway we've both read on various websites that if it's left out it can get dry and need possible vet intervention to put it back in....she has been putting him into the bath and showering him down each time to get his wotsit to go back in and it's worked fine but she wanted to know if this is common in dogs, small or otherwise. Is she doing the right thing in showering him down or should she leave him be and let him put it away when he's ready? She says he seems so uncomfortable when this happens....please don't suggest Castration as she just wouldn't...she has never had this happen with any of her other dogs and neither have we. All advice and suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Added Sunday: Sorry got his age wrong, he's 3 and has been vet checked..vet says it's normal behaviour. thanks.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Not what you want to be woken up by! Poor boy.

Heidi
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 06:50 PM
No way would I have a dog on my bed that did that!

Hope your friend gets it sorted soon, but I think castration is the only thing that's goin to solve it if it's an involuntary thing (i.e. happens when he's sleeping). x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2008, 06:58 PM
It can happen quite often with young dogs, I think all my males have had the problem at least once in their lives. I've always used vegetable oil and a bit of manipulation to get it back. Sometimes as it goes back the skin on the sheath will turn in on itself and make it almost impossible for it to retract properly, so you just have to do it carefully. Also keeping the hair trimmed on the end helps, but castration would probably help.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for you're replies....yes it only happens to him when he's sleeping compared to her other dogs that hump their toys during the day, this one hardly humps anything... suppose he's saving it up for the night time thanks for the tips on what to do...will pass them on to her
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by lisa0307 View Post
suppose he's saving it up for the night time
BLEUGH!
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2008, 12:25 PM
It's funny though, when she told me and my other half about the dog doing this, my instant reaction was "oh poor sausage" and gave the dog a big hug...my OH straight away said, "Charming! a dog gets his bits out late at night and gets a hug for it...now if we men did that during the night and felt like a bit of "hows ya father" we'd get called sex maniacs, not to be so filthy and told to put it away, you've got a headache....oh I couldn't stop laughing
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Ha ha! Typical man!!!!!

'poor sausage' made me laugh!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
And there's the male mentality. LOL

Heidi