View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fenwoman
New Member!
Female 

16-03-2008, 09:49 PM
When my old giant schnauzer had much pain from Arthritis, my vet gave her Rimadyl and the result was miraculous. No pain at all and she leapt about like a puppy. I know the feleling too as I'm riddled with arthritis and take morphine like drugs to keep the pain at bay.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Some people are against giving their dogs Rimadyl or PLT but I feel, particulaly with the older dog, that it is the quality of life that counts not the quantity and if these drugs shorten the dogs live by a few weeks then so be it.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I hope everything goes okay at the vets,I hope Metz is more comfortable today.

xxxxxxxxxx
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2008, 04:59 PM
well its good news in some way, she has torn the ligament from her foot to her knee, it has been strapped up in a soft like cast and she is still on the metacam but lower dose, vet thinks that the pain will reduce because of the support. we are all relieved its not severe arthritis. they say things come in three's and she has had hers now, so fingers crossed there will be nothing else. for the people who dont know of what i mean she had parvo virus then a severe womb infection and now this all within 18months.
i will keep you all posted on how she is doing and put a pic up with her green bandage lol
thanks for everyones concern

ash, family and metz
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm relieved to hear it's nothing too serious Ash. Hopefully she'll be back to her usual self soon

I bet she's enjoying all this extra fussing

Mum xx
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I am so relieved it isn't nothing too serious

I hope she is well soon, loads of hugs to Metz xxx
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks, will take a long time to heal but yes she is enjoying the extra fuss however cocoa is feeling a bit put out, but im sure she will be fine, will give her some one to one.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Glad it is something that will improve given time, my vet uses a blue one
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 06:10 PM
glad to hear the problem has been diagnosed. I sometimes think it's the not knowing that's the worst thing of all.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2008, 09:41 AM
just thought i would let you all know how metz is doing, she is still hobbling and very sore, pain killers still dont seem to be doing much. she is at the vets tomorrow hopefully might change them for her.
the OH was looking online about torn tendons in dogs and it says they have to be operated on so im not sure why she hasnt been, i will be asking the vet tomorrow about it. i know the cost will be high but if it speeds up her recovery then so be it.

ash
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >