register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Sort of mixed here – they get food put down at a fairly regular time, they eat what they want and then it is left for them to snack on during the day or night. They get fed in the morning and in the evening. None are over weight or prone to stuffing themselves, in fact I feel its safer for them to graze than have to stuff it down as quick as possible.

Before we took Ness on she was in foster where they did have set meal times and set bowls, when she came here I honestly thought she was a lab!!!! Now she's sleek, perfect weight and fab coat. She does much better grazing throughout the day.

Boo was very protective over his food when he arrived, having had to scavenge, he was fed the same with the rest of them and now has no problem with me picking his bowl up to give it a shake or whatever the other dogs walking past or even sharing a bowl with him.

I think its a matter of whatever suits the dogs really.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Teg is fed twice a day time can vary if I'm at work or not and if we are training in the evening or not. He eats everything quickly and has never left food.
If I free fed I imagine he would eat and eat and eat.....
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Madison gets fed at different times each day no set schedule, sometimes twice a day but mostly once as she isnt a big eater - i could leave food down all day and she would still only eat the same amount she always does.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4