View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
weims
Dogsey Junior

05-07-2004, 12:37 PM

Incredible story of Tesco

I work for tesco and one evening in January this yr I was working later than I normally do when a call came over the tanoy "is there anyone in store who has lost a doberman or weimaraner contact the customer service desk" I went along to see what was happening and it turns out that a weimaraner male had wandered into tesco's. I took charge (as I was involved with weim rescue) and took the dog to the police station to see if he had been reported missing. He hadnt. I took him home and there started the search for his owners. I put him on every website I could think of when someone suggested "doglost" website. I looked on there and there was a dog that had gone missing in September last yr from London but he looked just like Tesco. (We called him that as he had to have a name!) I called the number but there was no answer. I called the owner of the website and asked if they had a mobile number for them. She had and so I called the mobile and spoke to a lady who explained that her dog had been stolen by local gypsies in South London, a bitch had been stolen at the same time. Their dog was chipped but tesco wasnt. I asked for a detailed description of their dog and certain things matched, like a small scar on a leg and what looked like cat scratches on his nose. The people wsere actually on their way to Manchester on the train and said they would ring me when they got to manchester. They did and came across on the sunday to see the dog. He had been missing for 4 months so didnt recognise them but they recognised him.

He was happily reunited with his owners and turns out the chip had gone???

Just think if he had gone to Morrisons instead of Tesco's I would never have found him and he would probably ended up in the RSPCA or somewhere and never reunited with his owners.

I think I must wear "eau de weimaraner"

Lynn
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2004, 12:46 PM
A nice story with a happy ending
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 02:43 PM
That's a great story. Love a happy ending.

About "loosing" the chip. That has happened to me too. My dog had one put in her when she was 7 weeks old. In march this year (11 months old) she had a bit of an accident with her teeth. We went to the vet, and he scanned her and couldn't find the chip. We then got an appointment with the vet who had chipped her initially. He scanned and xrayed her - no chip! So I got another one put in for free!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-07-2004, 03:22 PM
great story!

and three cheers for Weims!
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Great story! I'm surprised the dog forgot its owners in just four months though

What are these gypsys you have in London? I picture a gypsy to be a fortune teller traveling by coach, lol
Bon
Almost a Veteran

08-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Yes I thought it was strange the dog did not remember its owners in that short amount of time. Happy ending though.
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Not that strange - Norman ignores me after 20 minutes away!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Aaaww poor Joe
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2004, 10:55 PM
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female