Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 05:59 AM

Good morning everyone!

Morning all,

Such stress at work yesterday – almost drove me to distraction. I came home lunchtime to let the dogs out and took a reading of my blood sugar. It was 14.8! I’d had NO sugar of any kind, so it’s proof positive that stress puts your blood sugar levels up. It was 5.2 first thing….. aaarrrggghhh!

I’m going to have to learn some de-stressing skills – anyone got any tips please?

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
A good pun is its own reword.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:08 AM
morning
sorry no tips for destressing as i could need them too. dan still winding everyone up and unfortunately the consultant we see about his behaviour has cancelled.

have a good one all
sue
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. You need some more time off Vicki, or to win the lottery. Think that's the only surefire way to destress IMO I'm afraid. Hope today is better for you. Have a good Thursday everyone.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
morning
sorry no tips for destressing as i could need them too. dan still winding everyone up and unfortunately the consultant we see about his behaviour has cancelled.

have a good one all
sue
Morning Sue

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. You need some more time off Vicki, or to win the lottery. Think that's the only surefire way to destress IMO I'm afraid. Hope today is better for you. Have a good Thursday everyone.
Morning J
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Morning Cuz..........sorry to hear you were stressed. I de-stress by painting. It's friday tomorrow and then you can have a long weekend

Patrick's sugar levels will be sky high as well as he over slept and was all in a rush this morning as he was late

Morning All, sis, daughter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope the day turns out to be a good one

Lots of Love xxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning Cuz..........sorry to hear you were stressed. I de-stress by painting. It's friday tomorrow and then you can have a long weekend

Patrick's sugar levels will be sky high as well as he over slept and was all in a rush this morning as he was late

Morning All, sis, daughter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope the day turns out to be a good one

Lots of Love xxxx
Mornign Steph
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. The only tip I can think of is shutting the door on the world for a day or two, but that isn't possible for you is it till Friday after work, thinking thats what you are going to do helps though that use to keep me going when Mum wore me out.

Hope today is a better day for you Vicki.
Have a good day all.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

I think some retail therepy is in order to de-stress you Vicki

I could do with some myself, Amy is having her spay tomorrow and it's stressing me out BIG time

Hopefully getting the day off tomorrow too, then i can sit at home and worry some more

Have a good day all xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:49 AM
Morning all

Vicki, having been to an NHS relaxation course you could do some quick tension relaxation. Iy is basically tensing each body part/muscle for a count of ten and rhen relaxing it. This can be done in a chair in thw workplace if needed. It does help to releive tension. I'm sure if you google relaxation techniques you could find it. Other than that you can download quick relaxation podcasts and have on an i pod at work for use at breaks? Breathing exercises will help too. In through nose and out through mouth. tyrying to use the stomach to breathe ,rather than just the chest cavity.

I do think the best way though is to come home at lunchtime and have a cuddle with the dogs!

Hopefully it will be better today.

Not much on here today. Some chores this morning and then in school helping this afternoon.Lots of running around this evening too with the kids.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

Please take care of yourself hun, you're far more important than work

Hope you all have a good one

Christine
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >