Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 10:13 AM

ebay abuse!!

I bought a book off ebay this week described as new and mint!!!when i got it it was dog eared with yellowed pages and writing inside the cover!!knowing it would be pointless to try and get a refund of such an obvious liar i gave him bad feedback(merely stating the facts and avoiding any personal comments!!) and i cant believe the abuse i've received since!!
This is what you get from being a good and trusting customer!!
ps i am also an ebay seller with 100% positive feedback!!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 10:14 AM
complain to ebay candie
i know i do when i get abuse from people
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh I had a bad time with an ebay seller recently. I bought a computer for one of my sons to rebuild for the princely sum of £15. The seller was in Chorley, so I rang him up when I won the bid and went and collected it and paid the money. Anyway being ill I didnt check my ebay for ages, when I did the seller had given me bad feedback saying I hadnt paid for the item so he wasnt despatching. I was furious so I gave him bad feedback and sent a email of complaint to ebay. Finally ebay sent me an email saying the buyer was prepared to retract his feeback if I was. I also got an email from the seller saying "Mistakes happen" no sorry or anything. So I refused to retract my feedback but he retracted his.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 10:19 AM
lol good on ya sue!!!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I had a episode like that, although with mine they won the item's but never paid up, then they gave me abuse for not sending there goods!

Ian
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by candie
I bought a book off ebay this week described as new and mint!!!when i got it it was dog eared with yellowed pages and writing inside the cover!!knowing it would be pointless to try and get a refund of such an obvious liar i gave him bad feedback(merely stating the facts and avoiding any personal comments!!) and i cant believe the abuse i've received since!!
This is what you get from being a good and trusting customer!!
ps i am also an ebay seller with 100% positive feedback!!

Sorry, but if someone left me bad feedback without letting me know there was a problem(which has happened to me before), I would be pretty annoyed too!
Even if nothing had happened, at least you could have said to eBay you tried unsuccessfully.

It's just taken someone 3 weeks to pay me - when in my terms and conditions I state I must have payment within 7 days of auction end. I just said to him "If I do not have payment by Tuesday 13th September, I will re-list the item and report you to eBay as a non-paying bidder'.
He paid straight away then!!

I've found if you 'threaten' with proper eBay action, people usually sort themselves out
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 12:36 PM
HEVVUR LIKE I SAID BEFORE HE HAD LIED ONCE TO ME,LISTING THE ITEM AS NEW AND MINT, WHEN IT WAS SECOND HAND AND DEFACED!! I DIDNT FEEL LIKE GIVING HIM THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THE MICKEY AGAIN!!IF YOU LIE IN YOUR LISTING YOU SHOULD EXPECT BAD FEEDBACK!!
SOZ BOUT THE CAPS!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by candie
HEVVUR LIKE I SAID BEFORE HE HAD LIED ONCE TO ME,LISTING THE ITEM AS NEW AND MINT, WHEN IT WAS SECOND HAND AND DEFACED!! I DIDNT FEEL LIKE GIVING HIM THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THE MICKEY AGAIN!!IF YOU LIE IN YOUR LISTING YOU SHOULD EXPECT BAD FEEDBACK!!
SOZ BOUT THE CAPS!!

But if you report people to eBay properly, they get a 'bad mark' against them, and if they don't comply, they get restricted or suspended from eBay.
Bad feedback does nothing really, as many people still buy from people with loads of bad feedback.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes but it made me feel better hevvur!!i am going to report him as well!!thanks for the advice though!!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

11-09-2005, 02:04 PM
you are supposed to give people the chance to rectify the problem before leaving bad feedback - but that was really bad on the part of the seller to lie about the condition of the book.