View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2005, 04:20 PM
sorry to hear that Fizzy can`t understand something like that i always say it is nice to do something what you want to do and accept that from others hope it will be OK just pull the plug when he watching TV and say you want to Hoover around
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-10-2005, 04:27 PM
dont mean to sound nasty tell him he is the 1 who needs to get a life for watching loads of people kicking a ball around a muddy pitch..
what is the sense in that, more mess, maybe he's a bit peeved that you are paying more attention to a computer than him. but if that is the case tell him to turn off the tv.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2005, 04:31 PM
yep it goes both ways you should be able to enjoy your free time which ever way that you like to use it.
at the end of the day you could be doing a lot worse than sitting at a pc on a dog forum, he has got to understand that surely.
beside which get him to join the more the better.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 04:38 PM
When my other half come home from work I always seem to be sitting at the computer. He doesn`t believe that I have finished all my chores before I got on here. I have to force myself to do the housework before I get on here otherwise I dont get anything done. Mind the only reason he has a little moan is because he wants to get on here himself.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Now I'm confused! What's the difference between spending "spare time" on mucking about inside a car and messing about on a computer, other than the amount of dirty oil involved?

"Tapping away on a computer" seems to me to be a tad more "productive" than sitting watching property programmes on TV (which I regard as just an electronic way of feeding crap directly to the brain).

If it's your spare time, I believe you have an entitlement to do what you like with it, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else!

Snorri
I agree Snorri and I think a PC provides better mental stimulation than just sitting mindlessly watching TV..
Using a forum is a cross between reading a book and writing letters.. now would anyone say those things were bad for you
Frizzy tell your B/F you are exercising your brain!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Aww, poor you

I am lucky - my OH is addicted to computers as much as I am, so we are both online all day every day (apart from when we are at work!!)
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 12:35 AM
My ex used to be the same. It was ok for him to be glued to a footy match, but not ok for me to be on here. I was always accused of chatting blokes up too

My present OH is really good, he doesn't say a word
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2005, 05:26 PM
I think it was an old manager of Celtic (Jock Stein??) who said that football wasn't a matter of life or death, it was far more important than that. Personally, I can't think of anything much more stupid than that! Spending one's life glued to a TV set is bad enough, but for football? It's not even a sport nowadays, it's a business!

Inter-town football started out as a way of finding out which town's laddies could play better. Now, there are so many "bought-in" players that the original point of the match has long gone!

I could imagine someone arguing that the Internet is the world's greatest research tool, and that all we Dogwebbers (and "other boarders") are doing is using the technology for chit-chat, but I'd argue that that's not entirely true! OK, so we chatter a lot, but it's not pointless chatter (usually far from it), as it's a useful resource for the health and wellbeing of our dogs (and, to some extent, us).

Is daytime TV somehow "better"? I'd dispute that, vigorously!

Snorri
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Sorry to hear your boyfriend is being a pain,I think if he can watch the football,youcan can use the computer,I am lucky my Hubbie thinks its a good idea to join these sites,for help and to make internet friends.(I do have other friends too).
Like the others have said its good to know there is somewhere you can go to if you are feeling low or are having a problem with the dog and need some advice or just a chat.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 05:51 PM
sorry to hear .......I am lucky my OH dose family history in his spare time YAWN ...I tell him at least My friends on here are alive ..LOL
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >