Our sister sites
Our sister sites
frizzy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2005, 01:47 PM

boyfriend nagging!!

Just got to have a bit of a rant....
My fella has just had a massive 'go' at me for being on here and told me to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't nag at him when he has to watch every flipinn football match,so why does he think he can have a go at me.....
Sorry just had to get it off my chest-
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2005, 01:56 PM
He might be jealous cuse you got someone who will listen to you no matter what you got to say.
Tell him to watch his footy and tell him to get a life there more to life than watching some prats on a pitch that are over payed for what they do for
More rewarding taking your dog out and making him/her happy loverly walks in in the country or the local park.

Welcome to DW we get it all the time from OH's
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2005, 02:05 PM
I may be male, but I can appreciate what's going on here! It isn't a one-way street! I come on the Net to escape the delights of daytime TV and endless re-runs of property programmes and quiz shows, but I'm told I come on DW just to chat up the ladies! I could go on forever, but I won't - I'm sure that the previous posters can imagine a good bit of it!

Being unable to walk over 20 yards or so, I can't even decamp with the dogs!

Snorri
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Sorry Frizzy you are getting such a hard time - I'm sorry he doesn't understand that we aren't an ordinary chatroom but a support system for people love dogs, and for those who also have dogs.

My OH can be funny about it sometimes too but he can't deny Dogweb as he gets me to ask questions on his behalf regularly

Maybe the day will come when your OH may need our help with a question, and we will be more than happy to help. I think OH's opinions change when they see the actual benefit of Dogweb.

And if it irks him so much maybe you go online when he's out so that you get your time on here and keep the peace at the same time perhaps.

Chin up, as it is said sometimes our OH's get upset, I tend to think it's because it's not all about them so they're not interested
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Aww Frizzy, I totally understand

Mine had a go at me the other day because I don't have any hobbies
I mean seriously, I'm a mum of 2, and I'm a full time chef, 5 days a week split shifts andits a very stressful and physically demanding job so on my days off I don't feel like doing much....I'm usually catching up on housework

He on the other hand, works part time and spends all his time with his car. I don't mind but seriously, am I really odd that I don't have any 'hobbies???:smt017
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Now I'm confused! What's the difference between spending "spare time" on mucking about inside a car and messing about on a computer, other than the amount of dirty oil involved?

"Tapping away on a computer" seems to me to be a tad more "productive" than sitting watching property programmes on TV (which I regard as just an electronic way of feeding crap directly to the brain).

If it's your spare time, I believe you have an entitlement to do what you like with it, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else!

Snorri
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I get nagged all the time over the computor,i just let it go in one ear and out the other
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by leo
He might be jealous cuse you got someone who will listen to you no matter what you got to say.
Tell him to watch his footy and tell him to get a life there more to life than watching some prats on a pitch that are over payed for what they do for
More rewarding taking your dog out and making him/her happy loverly walks in in the country or the local park.
Go Leo!! LOL...couldn't agree more about the football......Especially this bit
prats on a pitch that are over payed for what they do
lol

Hey frizzy, at least while your on the computer you arn't in some seedy little chat room trying to chat up other blokes, then he could moan......Tell him that's what you might have to do if he carries on moaning...LOL

At least here you are talking about something that is a big part of your life, your dogs and you get help, advice and a good down to earth chat thrown in I don't see my time on DW as a waste as I have learnt so much and it has benifited my dogs in a big way...So more power to me...and you...and tell OH to be nice to you
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2005, 04:07 PM
yeah most of us are women so not much fear of that.........lol
frizzy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone x
I have just sneaked on while oh is watching footy at other end of the room!!
In the middle of cookin sunday lunch now-so cant reply very much...
C u 2morrow-lol x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >