Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I have my own 'breeds' of designer dogs, step in my Grey Shepherd and my Salhound, now have you ever heard of any of them before!
IMO designer dogs are over breed and over priced and a product of many money grabbers realising another way to get money, don't get me wrong poodle crosses are nice dogs, my aunty has a lovely labrador poodle mix, and I have seen many of this cross, but they are two intelligant working breeds, people wonder why there dog misbehaves, moults and is a lot of work, well look at the breeds in your mix and do something to keep that clever mind occupied!
I'm just glad that I have been able to put a couple of people from churning out anymore of the crosses.
My major gripe is that the general public is having the wool pulled over their eyes. They pay vast sums not just because it may or may not be non allergenic, but because 'a cross breed is, of course, healthier' My dog walking friend met a man with a lovely Labradoodle who informed her that this is a breed which is on the point of becoming recognised by the KC & he will be able to show her What kind of breeder is that? I seriously resent the 'vogue' not the cross breeds, not the buyers but the money being asked, the prices which people are paying, far more than you would pay for any pure bred complete with all health checks.
Katia
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I wonder in the USA if the Labradoodle is on the brink of recognition? I don't know much about them other than the show, but it did give the impression it would not be long over there.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Think it is ok to pop the link on:

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/d...designer-dogs/
Heard It all now! Lets just see how much the demand goes up on these crosses then.. and with the more demand the more people breeding them which of course = more puppies... Just whats needed. Atleast It says about health Issues In the cavachon though...But they do say alot about this 'breed' that you could never be sure about when buying an 8week old pup - also their not rare lol
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by boredinstroud View Post
Just out of interest do the guys on here that get so upset about crossbreeding have strong views on mixed relationships amongst humans? Or is it only dogs where incest isn't much of a taboo as long as purity of breed (race) is maintained?
LOL you cant compare the two.
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Want to have a look at the poodle owners who say they dont breed their pedigree dogs to make doodles.
But they do and then say the paperwork is not,is not correct afterwards deny all knowledge of breeding.Why because they are taking the money for breeding and dont want the rest of the poodle police to find out.
Money money money and greed in my eyes.
So you cannot blame the doodle owners,perhaps you should go and blame some of the breeders,after all we are just pet owners at the end of the day.
We have never been made welcome on any dog forums as we own this type of dog,and i see its the same peeps having a dig again.
Grow up and just love your dogs,pets or breeding stock !
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by katia View Post
My major gripe is that the general public is having the wool pulled over their eyes. They pay vast sums not just because it may or may not be non allergenic, but because 'a cross breed is, of course, healthier' My dog walking friend met a man with a lovely Labradoodle who informed her that this is a breed which is on the point of becoming recognised by the KC & he will be able to show her What kind of breeder is that? I seriously resent the 'vogue' not the cross breeds, not the buyers but the money being asked, the prices which people are paying, far more than you would pay for any pure bred complete with all health checks. Katia
?
I agree with the cost it doesnt make sense to me to pay more for a cross breed from parents with no health tests or any thing then a pedigree from full health tested and recorded lines.
I'd like to see what the breeders have been aiming for if they are on the point of being recongnised
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:23 PM
No on blames the doodle owners. although their the ones that give the breeders the demand. Animal - lover you have been made welcome on forums, there are doodle owners on this forum already who have never had a problem. May be you should think about how you come across Instead of playing the 'Its because of the dog I own card' which I knew you would do. Course we all love our dogs.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
So what are they buying then?
People are often buying a 'breed' that is 'Known' to have a good temperament (I went out to visit one that was aggressive to people the other day) and is non-shedding.....

I have no issue with people being told the truth.....but I have a 2 lab x poodles in the last week that peoples specifically brought as non-shedding.....
One is a Labrador.... (cannot see the poodle anywhere)....the other one...the woman has serious allergies....the pup is not shedding yet...what will happen if it starts - it has a wiry coat - bit a poodle coat
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
Sorry are you saying i am dumb as i dont know what my dogs are !
They are plain and simple crossbreeds nothing more nothing less.
Its the folk like the anti doodle people that give them a bad name.
As i said i own a poodle as well,poodle,doodle who gives a hoot as long as they are loved.
Some folk have a real problem on here dont they ?
I am very lucky to have such wonderful dogs and thats all that matters to me.
If you dont like them dont buy them and dont keep hassling the folk that enjoy their pets.
We dont hassle you about the choice of dogs you have do we ?
Nope - I am not calling you Dumb

I am sure you know what your dogs are....but people are being sold these dogs and being told certain things that are just not always true.

I have a couple of Lovely cocker poodle x's that come training - they are fab little dogs - but they are as different as night and day!

As to my choice....trust me - I have been slated a fair few times for my choice and lifestyle with my dogs..they are mostly crosses - one of them even goes by a 'name' - never use it though
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
So you cannot blame the doodle owners,
That would be like saying you can't blame people who buy from puppy farmers etc and own any pups from there, if you part with any cash you are giving motivation for more pups to be churned out, you are part of the cycle if you pay anything, and people who pay for any dogs are IMO as much responisble for anymore dogs to be bred as the breeders, as if no-one would buy no-one would breed.
Page 8 of 53 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »